Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What waterfall(s) should we look at Friday?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What waterfall(s) should we look at Friday?

My family (youngest is 6) is talking about driving up from MA to see waterfalls that benefit from the snowmelt. What are good ones reachable without too much walking/mud?

Re: What waterfall(s) should we look at Friday?

Here are a few you should see. They shouldn't be too muddy but I havent been there recently.

Glen Ellis Falls
    Flume Cascade
    Silver Cascade (next to Flume Cascade)
    Sabbaday Falls
    Diana's Baths
    The Basin

Have fun and let us know how well the waterfalls are running! Would be great to see a few recent photos!
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Thanks. Since it's a day trip I'm leaning toward the Basin in Lincoln. Will definitely take pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Thanks. Since it's a day trip I'm leaning toward the Basin in Lincoln. Will definitely take pictures.
        The Basin is a quick walk, paved trail for most of the way and handicapped accessible. You might be there for an hour if you push it. To the south of the Basin is the Baby Flume. Its not bad, but not as exciting as the real Flume or the Basin.
        Matt Goodwin
        Admin
        NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Originally posted by NHTourGuide View Post
          The Basin is a quick walk, paved trail for most of the way and handicapped accessible. You might be there for an hour if you push it. To the south of the Basin is the Baby Flume. Its not bad, but not as exciting as the real Flume or the Basin.
          your kids will love the basin but I agree, you can only burn an hour there at most this time of year. In the summer you can wade in some of the small streams and pools (not in the basin) and spend more time there.

Comment

Just got thinking.... If you're going to the Basin, another great place to take the kids in Franconia Notch is the Old Man of the Mountain Memorial. The old Man of the Mountain Memorial includes a viewing area where you can see what the Old Man used to look like before it fell.
            Matt Goodwin
            Admin
            NHTourGuide.com

Comment

We had a great time. Here are a couple of pictures: http://ourdoings.com/brlewis/2012-03-23#hc-ha-dvxm.jpg

Comment

Nice photos! Surprised how well the water flow is since we didn't have much of a winter.

Looks like a good time!

Thanks for posting the photos of the waterfalls!
                Matt Goodwin
                Admin
                NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x

Which state is west of NH?

Working...
                X