Franconia Falls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franconia Falls

has anyone been up to the falls in the beginning of march don't know if I need snow shoes or not

Re: Franconia Falls

Originally posted by Jim View Post
    has anyone been up to the falls in the beginning of march don't know if I need snow shoes or not
    Yup I've been there in the middle of March a few times and in the beginning of April. I would be very surprised if you didn't need snow shoes!

Comment

thankyou going up this Saturday

Comment

Let us know how it goes! Be safe!!

Comment

we went up to black pond
          very cold when we started at 8am -1
          didn't need snow shoes hard pack a little icy but not bad
          next trip hope to get to Franconia ridge after winter if I can find a good trail
          just started this a year ago and got hooked real fast my wife loves taking pics so here I am
          thanks for the help let us know of any other good hike would be helpful thanks again Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
            we went up to black pond
            very cold when we started at 8am -1
            didn't need snow shoes hard pack a little icy but not bad
            next trip hope to get to Franconia ridge after winter if I can find a good trail
            just started this a year ago and got hooked real fast my wife loves taking pics so here I am
            thanks for the help let us know of any other good hike would be helpful thanks again Jim
            Awesome! It must have been all that rain we got then the cold temps froze up the snow.

Here is an article about the Franconia Ridge Loop Trail: http://www.nhtourguide.com/hiking/fr...ridge_loop.htm - Never been on this trail myself.

I gotta get back out there myself, I used to hike a lot more but my knees have been giving me troubles.

Comment

Working...
            X