Favorite Hikes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Hikes

My absolute best hike ever was a Memorial Day hike up Crawford Path to Mt. Washington summit. Started at sundown Fri. night and hiked up to Mizpah Springs under a full moon, no flashlight needed. Saturday morning, took our time and hiked to Lake of the Clouds. Before sunset we headed down Boot Spur to the Hermit Shelter and stayed overnite on the front porch. Sunday morning, headed up Lion's Head and then on up the east side of Mt. Washington to the summit. Then back down Caps Ridge trail where we were picked up. Perfect weather, perfect hike. Had my 8 month old Golden Retriever, Rena and my best friend Kerry hiking with me. My most memorable trip. My second best was starting in Crawford Notch on the A-Z Trail and following the Appalachain Trail to the Franconia Ridge Trail and then down to Rt. 3 on the Flume Trail 3 1/2 days altogether, thru the heart of the Pemi Wilderness. That's real wilderness! Made a stop at Mt. Guyot shelter and stayed there one night. To Mt. Bond and Bondcliff, then backtracked to Twin Mt. before staying at Garfield shelter the next night. You can read more about that night with my previous post "Laughing in the Clouds". Not many hikers out that way and you get a feeling of total isolation. I'm retiring this year and I'll have ALL the time in the world to hike now. See ya out there!

Re: Favorite Hikes

Originally posted by Whitney495 View Post
    My absolute best hike ever was a Memorial Day hike up Crawford Path to Mt. Washington summit. Started at sundown Fri. night and hiked up to Mizpah Springs under a full moon, no flashlight needed. Saturday morning, took our time and hiked to Lake of the Clouds. Before sunset we headed down Boot Spur to the Hermit Shelter and stayed overnite on the front porch. Sunday morning, headed up Lion's Head and then on up the east side of Mt. Washington to the summit. Then back down Caps Ridge trail where we were picked up. Perfect weather, perfect hike. Had my 8 month old Golden Retriever, Rena and my best friend Kerry hiking with me. My most memorable trip. My second best was starting in Crawford Notch on the A-Z Trail and following the Appalachain Trail to the Franconia Ridge Trail and then down to Rt. 3 on the Flume Trail 3 1/2 days altogether, thru the heart of the Pemi Wilderness. That's real wilderness! Made a stop at Mt. Guyot shelter and stayed there one night. To Mt. Bond and Bondcliff, then backtracked to Twin Mt. before staying at Garfield shelter the next night. You can read more about that night with my previous post "Laughing in the Clouds". Not many hikers out that way and you get a feeling of total isolation. I'm retiring this year and I'll have ALL the time in the world to hike now. See ya out there!
    Love the moonlite hike up Mt. Washington! That sounds incredibly cool!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

Which state is west of NH?

Working...
    X