No announcement yet.

Brown Bird Red Spot on Back of Head and Black on Chest With Spots on Front NH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown Bird Red Spot on Back of Head and Black on Chest With Spots on Front NH

Just saw one in Springfield Delaware County Pennsylvania.

Comment

Re: Brown Bird Red Spot on Back of Head and Black on Chest With Spots on Front NH

the Northern Flicker seems to like to eat bugs on top of the ground. Everytime I see one thats what its doin

Comment

I just had 2 in my backyard in Ridgewood, NJ pecking the ground just as if it were a woodpecker in a tree. Pretty birds--are both the male and female with the same markings?

Comment

i am watching one out of my back door right now just south of Richmond VA. i was wondering if maybe it was a female to the red headed woodpecker i saw yesterday but i guess not mystery solved!

Comment

Just found a dead one in my lawn. Wasn't sure what it was, looked it up and found this thread. Thanks for the help. Bismarck, ND

Comment

I have a male northern flicker who keeps coming back to my bird bath, I had no idea what kind of bird he was-looked through bird book after bird book but figured it out after seeing this thread! Such an interesting looking bird!
              Ann Arbor, MI.

Comment

Just saw one im my front yard eating bugs after flying into my picture window. In muskegon,mi. Used this forum to identify him.thanks

Comment

Saw one late last week eating bugs in my driveway in the grass/clover....in Erie, PA.

Comment

That was very helpfull

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      Starting to look like this is more of a New Jersey bird than a New England bird. So far no one posted from Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, or Rhode Island. Maybe the bird only comes to states with "New" in the name.... So New York should be the next place the bird makes its appearance. Then maybe New Mexico and New Brunswick Canada and New Zealand?
                      You forgot Newfoundland. Saw one on my backyard patio this morning. My husband saw one on one of the walking trails near our home.

Comment

I saw one today. Like a ground wood pecker, busy busy busy. I watched it for a while. Maine Coast.

Comment

Saw some in our yard in upstate ny, possibly a Northern Flicker. First year they have appeared. Why not it's been one strange year so far.

Comment

Sure has! I saw 4 Northern Flickers in the same spot here in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire the other day.
                            Matt Goodwin
                            Admin
                            NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x

Which STATE is east of NH?

Working...
                            X