Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Does The State Drain The Merrimack River?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Does The State Drain The Merrimack River?

Do you know when the state drains the Merrimack River? I want to go to the river banks and use my new metal detector along the banks of the mighty Merrimack River.

Re: When Does The State Drain The Merrimack River?

Not sure the state drains the Merrimack River on any schedule. I believe the river is drained down when dam repairs are needed. They dont drain that river down for the winter either.

You can contact the state. I believe it's DRED you want to contact to ask, if not, im sure they can point you in the right direction.

Good luck with your new metal detector! im sure you will find something along the banks of the Merrimack!
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Comment

The state drains the river down when dam repairs are needed... those dam repairs!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Do you know when the state drains the Merrimack River? I want to go to the river banks and use my new metal detector along the banks of the mighty Merrimack River.

Hi....the Telegraph posted this on Thursday, Jan. 6......

"The drawdown will begin today and continue at about an inch per day until it is around crest level, or 5 feet below normal, according to a release from Entel North America.

The water will stay there for three to five days while crews complete work on the Pawtucket Dam flashboards, according to the company.

The headpond is the portion of the Merrimack River north of the Pawtucket Dam and extends about 18 miles upstream and into southern New Hampshire, according to the company.

The work, as well as the water levels and schedule are all dependant on the weather, according to the company.

Telegraph staff"

The correct name of the energy company is Enel North America....they control the dams and "drawdowns" when the river is "lowered".

Hope this helps,

Merrimack River Watershed Council - www.merrimack.org

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Hi....the Telegraph posted this on Thursday, Jan. 6......

"The drawdown will begin today and continue at about an inch per day until it is around crest level, or 5 feet below normal, according to a release from Entel North America.

The water will stay there for three to five days while crews complete work on the Pawtucket Dam flashboards, according to the company.

The headpond is the portion of the Merrimack River north of the Pawtucket Dam and extends about 18 miles upstream and into southern New Hampshire, according to the company.

The work, as well as the water levels and schedule are all dependant on the weather, according to the company.

– Telegraph staff"

The correct name of the energy company is Enel North America....they control the dams and "drawdowns" when the river is "lowered".
          Thanks for the info!
          Matt Goodwin
          Admin
          NHTourGuide.com

Comment

The state has already drained the Merrimack River. Never mind, we can go other where for metal detecting. Maybe some uncultivated hills. Well, metal detecting is far more difficult that I think. What I found are all scraps instead of treasures.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x

Which state is west of NH?

Working...
            X