Best place to start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to start

Where is the best place to visit the Lake, when I will come from Littleton?

Thanks for any advice.

Re: Best place to start

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Where is the best place to visit the Lake, when I will come from Littleton?

Thanks for any advice.
    Alton Bay, Meredith and Wolfeboro are nice spots to start. Meredith or Wolfeboro might be a bit closer for you.
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Thx for your hint...

I will do a 20 days round trip from Boston to ME and NH

Maybe you can take a look... what I can do better on this route. I don't know if Concord is worth a stop
      http://goo.gl/maps/0w23X

Maybe you have some suggestions what I can add, especially btw Lake Winni and North Adams/MA.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Thx for your hint...

I will do a 20 days round trip from Boston to ME and NH

Maybe you can take a look... what I can do better on this route. I don't know if Concord is worth a stop
        http://goo.gl/maps/0w23X

Maybe you have some suggestions what I can add, especially btw Lake Winni and North Adams/MA.

Thanks.
        You might want to add in Gloucester Massachusetts then take Rt. 1A up the seacoast through NH to Portsmouth NH and get on I-95 to cross the border into Maine. In Maine you might want to add in Boothbay Harbor Maine. Back into NH add RT. 112 (Kancamagus Highway) which is just south of Rt. 302. Rt. 302 is also nice so you may want to consider making the loop. You're also not seeing much of Lake Winnipesaukee. Try adding in Alton NH to the route. This will take you by a few scenic spots to view the lake. If you're into racing, add in NHMS (New Hampshire Motor Speedway) on Rt. 106 in Loudon.
        Matt Goodwin
        Admin
        NHTourGuide.com

Comment

I changed my route a little...

http://goo.gl/maps/zBHXD

I've never been in New Hampshire... I don't know if the Mohawk Trail is worth the way. I can pass Mohawk Trail and stay one longer in the White Montain or Lake Winni area.

Thanks for help... making my 2 week (without Boston) trip better.

Comment

Looks great! You may also want to consider a quick trip up Rt. 16 to get a glimpse of Mt. Washington. The Mt. Washington Auto Road is closed this time of year (for private vehicles) but still worth seeing if the weather is good. Normally in the summer you can drive yourself to the peak which is a lot of fun!
            Matt Goodwin
            Admin
            NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Maine you might want to add in Boothbay Harbor Maine. Back into NH add RT. 112 (Kancamagus Highway) which is just south of Rt. 302. Rt. 302 is also nice so you may want to consider making the loop. You're also not seeing much of Lake Winnipesaukee.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x

Which STATE is east of NH?

Working...
              X