Best UTV for work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best UTV for work

Hi everybody! Im new here and I wish to request for your help and advice. I hope to find dispassionate opinions.

I need to buy a UTV only for work. My priorities are reliability and torque. I need to climb (and descend) clayish very steep slopes, one with a small sliding rock surface (maybe 4 feet diameter, where rains washed clay) at a narrow point of the trail, so right side wheels have to ride on the rock (climbing). This trail is just at cliff edge at this point. A tractor recently struggled hard with this place to climb because wheel sliding on rock surface.

Big Red has engine brake that would be good for my need. I do not need a great cargo capacity, but it will be appreciated from time to time. Im concerned about plastic bed strength. Honda does not inform about power or torque. Basic model has no roof or windshield. What is new on 2013 in regard to 2011 model? I may get a good price on a 2011 apparently new Big Red (clearance).

Otherwise, Club Car XRT 1550 seems good too. It has hard plastic roof, windshield, power steering, tilt steering, and 2 years warranty (Honda only 1). Does it still have carburetor? It seems out-of-date.

Kioti Mechron seems to be rock solid and has other advantages, but dealer is an issue (far from my place and bad service).

Kubota RTV 900 also seems to be rock solid but is much more expensive.

Rhino 700 has engine braking, but no roof or windshield, and less cargo capacity (only 400 lb).

Gator XUV 825 is 20 % more expensive than Big Red, without power steering, tilt steering, roof and windshield, and only 1 year warranty.

Polaris seems to have several good items but less reliability.

So, Im expecting your opinions. Thanks!

Re: Best UTV for work

Have you considered Arctic Cat? They have a utility, Arctic Cat model TBX/Diesel

Comment

Thanks, mikey.

Arctic Cat TBX/Diesel is a quad and I need a SxS.

Prowler HDX 700 is more suitable, but is a bit more than 20 % more expensive than a Gator 825i. I've heard a lot about Arctic Cat and Polaris mechanical issues. Maybe it explains both brands only 6 months warranty.

Otherwise, what were you eating that time?

Comment

True, I thought since you were mostly alone you could use that, save a few grand at the same time.

Have you considered buying a Jeep? Install a nice winch on the front and you're good to go!

((( Just eating a little Life )))

Comment

Thanks for another idea, but I don't know Jeeps with tilting cargo bed, and Jeeps are very heavy for my problem hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
            Hi everybody! Im new here and I wish to request for your help and advice. I hope to find dispassionate opinions.

I need to buy a UTV only for work. My priorities are reliability and torque. I need to climb (and descend) clayish very steep slopes, one with a small sliding rock surface (maybe 4 feet diameter, where rains washed clay) at a narrow point of the trail, so right side wheels have to ride on the rock (climbing). This trail is just at cliff edge at this point. A tractor recently struggled hard with this place to climb because wheel sliding on rock surface.

Big Red has engine brake that would be good for my need. I do not need a great cargo capacity, but it will be appreciated from time to time. Im concerned about plastic bed strength. Honda does not inform about power or torque. Basic model has no roof or windshield. What is new on 2013 in regard to 2011 model? I may get a good price on a 2011 apparently new Big Red (clearance).

Otherwise, Club Car XRT 1550 seems good too. It has hard plastic roof, windshield, power steering, tilt steering, and 2 years warranty (Honda only 1). Does it still have carburetor? It seems out-of-date.

Kioti Mechron seems to be rock solid and has other advantages, but dealer is an issue (far from my place and bad service).

Kubota RTV 900 also seems to be rock solid but is much more expensive.

Rhino 700 has engine braking, but no roof or windshield, and less cargo capacity (only 400 lb).

Gator XUV 825 is 20 % more expensive than Big Red, without power steering, tilt steering, roof and windshield, and only 1 year warranty.

Polaris seems to have several good items but less reliability.

So, Im expecting your opinions. Thanks!
            spend the extra $$ on the Kubota RTV 900- gotta friend that has one i love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
              Thanks for another idea, but I don't know Jeeps with tilting cargo bed, and Jeeps are very heavy for my problem hill.
              Good point! That might be a little bit of a tall order.

Comment

Kubota's ground clearance is not the best. Anyway, thanks for you post.

Comment

Working...
                X