A.J. Allmendinger Suspended for Positive Drug Test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.J. Allmendinger Suspended for Positive Drug Test

Okay for those who donít know the story. A.J. was suspended on Saturday for failing a drug test. On Tuesday, he requested another urine sample be taken. Allmendinger was told hours before the Saturday night race at Daytona that he had tested positive on a June 29th drug test. No word was given on what substance was found. He was suspended about an hour and a half before the green flagged dropped at Daytona. Penske Racing had relief Driver Sam Hornish Jr. fly in from North Carolina. His plane touched down at Daytona and he arrived at the track about 30 minutes before he was supposed to get in the car. Hornish is slated to drive the #22 car again this weekend at NHMS.

If Allmendingerís second sample comes back negative, he will be cleared to race once again and the suspension will be lifted. Roger Penske has stated that he is awaiting all the results to come back before making a decision on the fate of his driver.

Okay, so here is my take on this and you can all feel free to add to this or even have your own opinion but I want to hear what the rest of you think. I do not believe that A.J. intentionally took any illegal substance. First of all, he is a first year driver with Penske. He took over when Kurt Busch was let go at the end of last season. He signed a one year contract and there was much speculation that a contract extension was very likely. Why in the world would Allmendinger screw that up? A.J. maintains his innocence and I am behind him 100%. I am not sure what he tested positive for but the next few days should tell us more.

Re: A.J. Allmendinger Suspended for Positive Drug Test

Originally posted by deanac43 View Post
    Okay for those who donít know the story. A.J. was suspended on Saturday for failing a drug test. On Tuesday, he requested another urine sample be taken. Allmendinger was told hours before the Saturday night race at Daytona that he had tested positive on a June 29th drug test. No word was given on what substance was found. He was suspended about an hour and a half before the green flagged dropped at Daytona. Penske Racing had relief Driver Sam Hornish Jr. fly in from North Carolina. His plane touched down at Daytona and he arrived at the track about 30 minutes before he was supposed to get in the car. Hornish is slated to drive the #22 car again this weekend at NHMS.

If Allmendingerís second sample comes back negative, he will be cleared to race once again and the suspension will be lifted. Roger Penske has stated that he is awaiting all the results to come back before making a decision on the fate of his driver.

Okay, so here is my take on this and you can all feel free to add to this or even have your own opinion but I want to hear what the rest of you think. I do not believe that A.J. intentionally took any illegal substance. First of all, he is a first year driver with Penske. He took over when Kurt Busch was let go at the end of last season. He signed a one year contract and there was much speculation that a contract extension was very likely. Why in the world would Allmendinger screw that up? A.J. maintains his innocence and I am behind him 100%. I am not sure what he tested positive for but the next few days should tell us more.
    Thats too bad for the "Dinga." I hope his test comes back clean!
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

Which STATE is east of NH?

Working...
    X