Kurt Busch Banned From NASCAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurt Busch Banned From NASCAR

I have to say that I was in shock when I heard that Kurt Busch was let go from Penske Racing at the end of last season for his wild outbursts. I expected outbursts from his brother, Kyle, but definitely not Kurt. All was quite about exactly what happened last season until just recently. On camera, Kurt has always come across as professional and even-tempered. Apparently I was wrong. I am not sure where all his anger is coming from but I do know that if he doesn’t get his anger in check, the next ban from NASCAR may just be a permanent one.

It started last season when Kurt used angry words over the team radio, sparred with a couple of reporters at Richmond and the final straw for Penske came at the last race of the season when a video of Kurt verbally insulting an ESPN reporter was posted on YouTube. He was fined $50,000 by NASCAR when the video went public. He was released from his team a week later.

This year has not proven to be much better for Kurt either. He was fined $50,000 and placed on probation until July 25th after an incident at Darlington for carless driving on pit road as well as an altercation with crew members of Ryan Newman’s after the race.

With his latest incident in the Nationwide race in Dover, his probation was extended until the end of the year. He was also banned from all NASCAR events for one week after verbally abusing a member of the media. A reporter from sporting news asked Kurt about how he and Justin Allagier had contact on the track. Kurt answered by saying, “It refrains me from not beating the (expletive) out of you right now because you ask me stupid questions.” I was shocked when I saw the video. What has gotten in to him?

It seems that Kurt’s future with NASCAR hangs in the balance.

Source: USA Today
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x

Which STATE is east of NH?

Working...
X