Alternate Places to Camp Near NHMS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate Places to Camp Near NHMS?

We are looking for a campground near New Hampshire Motor Speedway, any1 have suggestions?

We camped at the track a few years ago and the police were rude and unfriendly. Even told us to go to bed at 10pm and watched us go into our camper and threatened us if we came back out we would be arrested. All we were doing was playing cards too!

A guy next to us got arrested because he didn't go to bed as instructed by the police. So much for "Live Free or Die!"

Anyway, would be nice to stay someplace else this year but still be close to the track to avoid the traffic going to NHMS.

Re: Alternate Places to Camp Near NHMS?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are looking for a campground near New Hampshire Motor Speedway, any1 have suggestions?

We camped at the track a few years ago and the police were rude and unfriendly. Even told us to go to bed at 10pm and watched us go into our camper and threatened us if we came back out we would be arrested. All we were doing was playing cards too!

A guy next to us got arrested because he didn't go to bed as instructed by the police. So much for "Live Free or Die!"

Anyway, would be nice to stay someplace else this year but still be close to the track to avoid the traffic going to NHMS.

Campgrounds near NHMS:
    Cascade Brook Campground (South of NHMS on Rt. 106)
    Granite State Campground (North of NHMS on Rt. 106)

NHMS:
    NHMS changed the way they handle security and police presence. Last year things were much better. They got rid of those over-bearing police! I agree, it was really bad. I saw them walking down the road in the old L lot with their arms locked together, about 8 cops wide coming down the road and yes, they were yelling "Go to bed or go to jail!" - communists I tell ya! Glad to see Bruton Smith kicked most of them out of there and hired security gaurds that know we're all there to have a good time. Of coarse the police are now crying about it because they KNOW "something bad will happen, it's just a matter of time." Yeah ok, thats like predicting it's going to rain at some point. Whenever you have large crowds, bad things can happen, cops or no cops. But with less cops, there is less ticked off race fans at the track.

The year the cops were really bad (about 3 years ago), I heard several people talking about rioting! A bunch of drunk people at 11pm talking about a riot!! Bad combination for sure. Soooo, I would have to say the police were more likely to cause a major problem themselves. Hmmm, I wonder if that was why they were so mean to people, to cause a major problem so they could say "see we told you NHMS needs us!"

Comment

Silver Lake Park Campground in Belmont

Comment

Saddleback Campground Northwood Nh about 30 min via back roads.....QUIET family campground book early as there are only 20 sites

Comment

http://www.cozypond.com/NH-Campground-Races-NHMS.aspx

About 20 minutes and a nice back roads ride.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

What is the name of the COUNTRY that NH shares a border with?

Working...
          X