Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are pets allowed on mt. washington observation deck?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are pets allowed on mt. washington observation deck?

I have two small Boston Terriers. Will I be able to carry them on the observation decks?

Re: Are pets allowed on mt. washington observation deck?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have two small Boston Terriers. Will I be able to carry them on the observation decks?
    Yes! Believe it or not, pets are allowed on the Mt. Washington Auto Road and on the summit of Mt. Washington as long as they are on a leash and you bring a bag for accidents.

We brought our Golden Retriever up the Auto Road last year. It was very busy so we left him in the car for a short time until it cleared out a little.

They do not allow pets inside the buildings though but the upper (outside) observation deck should be ok.
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Excellent! thank you Matt! We were thinking of taking our first trip up there this weekend before it starts getting busy. Guess I will have to pull the long undies out of storage. Just when I thought I was done with them for the year!. Thank you for your rapid response.

Trish

Comment

Excellent! thank you Matt! We were thinking of taking our first trip up there this weekend before it starts getting busy. Guess I will have to pull the long undies out of storage. Just when I thought I was done with them for the year!. Thank you for your rapid response.

Trish
        Hi Trish,

If you have never been up the Mt. Washington Auto Road, you are in for a memorable time! It's an exciting ride. We do it every year, at least once.

The long undies may be a good call, it can get quite cold up there. Not bad tonight though, a balmy 54 degrees!

Where are you from?
        Matt Goodwin
        Admin
        NHTourGuide.com

Comment

We live in Boston, which in comparison is rather tropical with it hitting around 81 today. We have a Mini Cooper we like to take to fun driving destinations, our last trip was a ride on the Dragon http://www.tailofthedragon.com/ but we wanted something closer to home so this year Mt. Washington! Can you suggest any other sites or fun we might want to see while around that area?

Comment

We live in Boston, which in comparison is rather tropical with it hitting around 81 today. We have a Mini Cooper we like to take to fun driving destinations, our last trip was a ride on the Dragon http://www.tailofthedragon.com/ but we wanted something closer to home so this year Mt. Washington! Can you suggest any other sites or fun we might want to see while around that area?
            Boston, now there is an exciting city! I love going to Boston to the farmer's market. We had more fun there than we did at the flower show on the pier.

There are a few places you should definatly see if you're headed to the Auto Road... Take the Kancamagus Highway (Rt. 112) either on the way to the Mt. Washington Auto Road or on the way back. Glen Ellis Falls is another stop that shouldn't be missed! It takes only a few minutes to walk the path to see the waterfall. Even if you take your time you can do it in less than 45 minutes to and from the waterfall with photos. If you have kids, consider Story Land. On the West side of the Kancamagus is Lincoln NH. There are usually events at Loon Mountain or you can go to The Flume or The Basin - You can also take the scenic Rt. 302 and go to Diana'a Baths. Diana's Baths is a fairly easy to get to waterfall.

Let me know if you need more ideas, plenty of things to do near Mt. Washington!
            Matt Goodwin
            Admin
            NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Since you drive a mini cooper, you might want to check out this group of mini coopers that is headed to the Kancamagus.
              Matt Goodwin
              Admin
              NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x

Which state is west of NH?

Working...
              X