Maple Syrup That Tastes Like Chocolate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maple Syrup That Tastes Like Chocolate

I have been doing a little backyard maple sugaring here in New Hampshire for the past 4 years and am finding that the finished syrup always tastes like chocolate syrup! No one is complaining, but I would prefer it tasted like maple, not like chocolate!

Anyone have any ideas on why my maple syrup has a chocolate taste and smell?

Thanks!
    Bill

Re: Maple Syrup That Tastes Like Chocolate

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have been doing a little backyard maple sugaring here in New Hampshire for the past 4 years and am finding that the finished syrup always tastes like chocolate syrup! No one is complaining, but I would prefer it tasted like maple, not like chocolate!

Thanks!
    Bill
    that's a strange problem! you might want to try different trees. sounds like you might be tapping a strange set of trees.

on the other hand, chocolate flavored maple syrup sounds good!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Thanks!
      Bill
      Check to make sure the Maple trees are healthy. I had this before from a tree that was dead in the center.

Comment

Originally posted by RVGuy View Post
        Check to make sure the Maple trees are healthy. I had this before from a tree that was dead in the center.
        The Maple trees do have a hollow center when I drilled into them. I thought it would still be ok though. Could that really do it?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

What is the name of the COUNTRY that NH shares a border with?

Working...
        X