Can Maple Sap Lines Get Vapor Locked?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Maple Sap Lines Get Vapor Locked?

Just ran my first long run of clear tubing with 150 taps down a hill, but the sap doesnt appear to be moving and looks like it got vapor locked. Is this possible? I do not have a vent anywhere on the line, does it need one?

Thanks!!

Re: Can Maple Sap Lines Get Vapor Locked?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just ran my first long run of clear tubing with 150 taps down a hill, but the sap doesnt appear to be moving and looks like it got vapor locked. Is this possible? I do not have a vent anywhere on the line, does it need one?

Thanks!!
    Sap lines normally don't get vapor locked. They can freeze though. If yoiu have over 5-10 taps in a run you should consider stepping up the size from 5/16" and have that drop into a larger line.

Normally the maple trees push hard an dcan push the sap through the lines. If it can push sap through wood, it should be able to push it through your lines.

Comment

Re: Can Maple Sap Lines Get Vapor Locked?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Sap lines normally don't get vapor locked. They can freeze though. If yoiu have over 5-10 taps in a run you should consider stepping up the size from 5/16" and have that drop into a larger line.

Normally the maple trees push hard an dcan push the sap through the lines. If it can push sap through wood, it should be able to push it through your lines.
      That answers my question! I was having the same problem

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

Name a STATE that NH shares a border with.

Working...
      X