No announcement yet.

Bigfoot in New Hampshire? The NH Sasquatch Legend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy... I hadn't heard that audio before. Those guys have guts. Interesting that on the recording there doesn't seem to be any other animal sounds, as that was something I noticed with my experience. Where were you in NH at the time?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      White mountains national forest! I’m thinking other animals can sense something. Maybe why the bear ran right into traffic. I know bears never run unless spooked! I don’t hike the trails anymore, and hope never to get stuck on the road at night by car. The communication or whatever it was, just stuck right out! You just can’t shake it off! I’m not sure if I either would try wood knocking or sitting in a self made tent both ways seem like one needs lots of nerves..

Do you remember what town or which side of the White Mtns (North, south, east or west?) Some parts of the state have had more reported sightings or sounds of sasquatch than others. It is rare however, so I wouldn't be too worried about the White Mtns where millions of people go every single day. Nobody ever died from Big Foot attack, so although I can imagine it's very unnerving to hear such sounds, it is unlikely to ever experience it again, especially considering there are people that intentionally go looking for these creatures regularly all over the world, but very few get any photographs or other evidence to prove their existence.

The other thing is that in areas laid out for tourism, there are a lot of folks that just get a kick out of scaring others, so keep that in mind too. I have no doubt that you heard what you heard because that kind of sound would be difficult to emulate, I just recommend keeping your mind open to all possibilities because some animals up here, like the fisher-cat makes the scariest freakin' sound you ever heard, a cross between a woman and a baby screaming as if being murdered in some horrible limb-from-limb tearing way. Ghastly. Makes my hair stand up and wonder if I should call the police every time I hear it. Besides, we get way more reports about UFO's than Sasquatches by far. I've seen 4 of them myself and I'm not even looking for them. Just suddenly there it was but I'd say there was about 10 years or so between each sighting.

The thing to be aware of "Guest", is that you may be more intuitive than you know. It would be interesting to see if and/or what other experiences you have over the coming years. If crazy stuff starts happening, fear is a waste of time and energy. You'll have to put your science hat on to pursue all possibilities, along with a sense of acceptance that the universe may be different than we've been taught and it takes courage to research for answers to these oddities. However, I don't recommend letting it become an obsession. I hope that helped a little.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your answer, and apologies for my delayed response! Well, I know the fisher cats sound. A friend and myself heard it while hiking up lonesome lake at night. But aside from that, the sound we are discussing came from the back of our property. We have lived here well over 15 years now and although I don’t want to disclose my living area, I know there are no hiking trails nor hunting areas here. But, as you stated; it’s not worth driving yourself crazy. With that said, i don’t hike the whites anymore-no matter what anyone says... but do enjoy the view thanks again for comment.

Canada borders New Hampshire in the county of coos. The most northern county.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

Which STATE is south of the NH border?

Working...
    X