Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigfoot in New Hampshire? The NH Sasquatch Legend

Is Bigfoot in New Hampshire?

For years my family talked about the Bigfoot sighting that occured near the Kancamagus Highway in Albany NH in the late 1970's. It was someone my grandfather knew. He said a father with his son spotted this Sasquatch while hiking in the woods. They got off the trail a little bit to find a nice spot for a picnic when they saw this mammoth creature. They got a good look at him and the creature got a good look back before headed back out into the woods of the White Mountain National Forest.

The story was quite long but I remember hearing it discussed by my family members since I was a young kid. My older relatives have since passed away and the story died with them. I haven't heard anything about the NH Bigfoot sighting since.

Has anyone heard about this?

Re: Bigfoot in New Hampshire? The NH Sasquatch Legend

I have heard of several Bigfoot sightings. There is a YouTube video that shows a family at a state campground of the Kancamangus Highway capturing a good video of what looks like Bigfoot.

There was also a sighting in July of 1999 at a family's cabin off the highway. The family was on the back deck and saw a large animal standing upright on two feet that stood over ten feet tall.

Another sighting was in 2002. A family was driving along the highway, about 15 miles from Conway. They noticed a large creature stepping over the guard rail. They described the creature as looking like a 300 pound gorilla with a watermelon head and tree trunk shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by deanac24 View Post
      Another sighting was in 2002. A family was driving along the highway, about 15 miles from Conway. They noticed a large creature stepping over the guard rail. They described the creature as looking like a 300 pound gorilla with a watermelon head and tree trunk shoulders.
      That might have been me... my bad
      Matt Goodwin
      Admin
      NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Originally posted by NHTourGuide View Post
        LOL!!! Too Funny!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NHTourGuide View Post
          HAHAHAHA!!! Matt - Too funny! LOL

Comment

Okay so we have solved the Bigfoot mystery....Matt IS Bigfoot. Now we know his deep, dark secret he has been keeping for years...lol!

Comment

I am soooo glad you mentioned about the Sasquatch/Bigfoot. I have seen something like that at my house in the woods in Milton, except it looked more man-ish than ape-ish. Easily 12 feet tall. Not hairy. Kind of gray colored skin, extremely athletic looking, looked like he was covered in some kind of oil or very wet, except there would be no reason to be soaking wet because the closest river is 1/2 mile away. He was very noisy until he saw me and I saw him. Then he ran off without a sound. The other thing is that he is capable of speaking without moving his mouth. I "heard" him and my dog heard him say "Stop. I'm dangerous." No kidding. My dog (American Staffordshire - cousin to pit bull) actually stopped running toward him and barking, and she turned around and came back up the hill to me. The thing is, he walked around some of the perimeter of this little field-ish area I have in the yard, he was watching me sideways from his peripheral vision. I kept yelling out "Hello!" because it hadn't occurred to me at the time how tall he was. It was only later I realized that the little maple trees he was walking behind are over 8' tall and I could see from the mid-arm level and up. The key moment for me was that just for a moment he stopped and had a look on his face like there was some kind of hope. Like I might be a friendly person. Then his facial expression changed to grumpy and he ran off.

Comment

I was doing a solo bushwhack to Carrigain Pond this year by way of an old logging rd. After about 3/4 mile on the logging road, there was something large moving in the brush. Could have been a moose or bear but I felt I was being watched. The noise stopped abruptly and there was an eerie silence. I hiked the Whites for 30 years and never experienced that feeling before. I changed my plans and ended going up to Sawyer Pond instead but couldn't shake that feeling of being followed. Very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitney495 View Post
                  I was doing a solo bushwhack to Carrigain Pond this year by way of an old logging rd. After about 3/4 mile on the logging road, there was something large moving in the brush. Could have been a moose or bear but I felt I was being watched. The noise stopped abruptly and there was an eerie silence. I hiked the Whites for 30 years and never experienced that feeling before. I changed my plans and ended going up to Sawyer Pond instead but couldn't shake that feeling of being followed. Very strange.
                  Yes, there is a very different feeling than the usual being-watched-by-animals-feeling with this guy. It's stronger, like there isn't ANY doubt that he's watching, and you can almost hear him talking to you via telepathy. It's quite strange and unnerving indeed.

Comment

There is a story of The Hollis Flea Monster. My brother is a cop in Hollis and he actually found the police report from that night. Also I found the article in the Nashua Telegraph from May 1977 on google archives.

The owners of the flea market still get asked about it a dozen times a year. There are a LOT of apples in Hollis as well as farming.
                    Last edited by NHTourGuide; 01-27-2016, 10:55 AM. Reason: Link to website had warning

Comment

Had to remove the link, sorry. I went to it and got a "Dangerous website" notice from my Norton A/V.

Any chance you can get the police report to post? Would be cool to see that!
                      Matt Goodwin
                      Admin
                      NHTourGuide.com

Comment

I cannot get the report. My brother us a narcissistic egomaniac!

May 1977 Hollis NH

Police here are awaiting the return of a Lowell, Mass. man, identified only as Mr. St. Louis, after he reported seeing a 10-foot-tall hairy monster Saturday night at the Hollis Flea Market.

Chief Paul Bosquet said the man came into police headquarters at about 10:30 Saturday and reported the strange incident.

St. Louis told the dispatcher that he, his wife and two sons were sleeping in their pickup truck on the flea market grounds, when they were awakened by the shaking of their truck. The man said he looked out and saw what he described as a 10-foot-tall hairy animal with "human-like" features, shaking the truck.

The Lowell man quickly started his truck and sped off to the police station where he reported the incident. Police went to the scene, but could find no evidence of the animal. Bosquet said the area in which the truck was parked was covered with pine needles, and no foot prints could be found.

St. Louis was scheduled to set up an area in the flea market Sunday. Bosquet said, but he did not return on that day, and left a trailer at the site. He has not been seen or heard from since.

The Hollis chief said the animal may have been a bear that came out of nearby woods in search of food from a nearby rubbish container.

Comment

lol

That story works, makes you wonder if it was a bear, not that I've seen any 10 foot tall bears in New Hampshire!

Interesting! Never heard of the Hollis Flea Monster. Glad it wasn't a giant flea!
                          Matt Goodwin
                          Admin
                          NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x

Name a STATE that NH shares a border with.

Working...
                          X