Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Recommendations for a campsite in the White Mountains

Hi All,

I am going to visit my friend in Manchester and we wanted to find a cool spot to camp out with a few friends for a couple nights. We would like to be camping along a river bank or the side of a lake. We would prefer dispersed camping or whatever options provide ample space for relaxation and fun. All suggestions are appreciated as I am unfamiliar with camping in this particular area.

Any locations that are close to hikes to waterfalls and/or areas that are good for seeing wildlife.

Thank You All!!!

Hi, Welcome to the NH Tour Guide forum! Usually bodies of water will attract people and campers in general. Along the Kancamagus Scenic Byway you will find the Swift River which follows along the side of the highway for a good distance. Using a map I would plan to camp near the Swift River, but away from the roadway to cut down on noise, hikers, and campers. This might be best closer to the middle or West side of the Kancamagus Highway in my opinion. As far as camping near a waterfall... that will almost always attract visitors in the White Mountain National Forest and the Kancamagus Scenic Byway. Might be best to camp 1/2 mile or more away from a waterfall to avoid this.
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

Which Ocean Does NH Have a Coastline On?

Working...
    X