Wheelchair accessibility?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheelchair accessibility?

I'm passing through the area with my husband and a friend and I'd love to get to see one of the waterfalls with them. my husband is in a wheelchair though, so I'm just wondering if any of them are accessible to get to for him, how far of a walk it is from parking, that type of thing. If it's not possible to walk anywhere with him, are there places to pull over the car and take in the view? Thanks so much!

Hi! Yes, there are places on the Kancamagus highway that are wheelchair accessible. As far as waterfalls, Rocky Gorge would be the best stop, not actually a waterfall, but certainly one of the best natural attractions on the Kancamagus. Also, Lower Falls is now wheelchair accessible. We haven't yet checked it out since the renovations though. Hope this helps, please let us know how it turns out if you get a chance.
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Comment

We went on Monday and both spots were great! Accessibility and independence were fantastic and the rain didn't make the ground any more difficult for the wheelchair. Thanks for the recommendations!

Comment

That's great! Thanks for reporting back! Glad we were able to help!
        Matt Goodwin
        Admin
        NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

Which Ocean Does NH Have a Coastline On?

Working...
        X