Camping offsite on the Kancamagus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping offsite on the Kancamagus

The wife and I are heading up the Kancamagus. For july 4th. Weekend. we want to pick a trail and hike out. Find a nive spot along a river or pond and pitch a tent away from campgrounds. Because I know they will be packed. Is this ok. Or will I be thrown out. I know I will have to pay for parking. Just want privacy while campin/fishing.

Thanks

Re: Camping offsite on the Kancamagus

Originally posted by Mtn.hiker View Post
    The wife and I are heading up the Kancamagus. For july 4th. Weekend. we want to pick a trail and hike out. Find a nive spot along a river or pond and pitch a tent away from campgrounds. Because I know they will be packed. Is this ok. Or will I be thrown out. I know I will have to pay for parking. Just want privacy while campin/fishing.

Thanks
    The US Forestry Service does allow camping along trails at the Kancamagus. I believe camp fires are allowed as well but must be at least 1/2 mile off the Kancamagus Scenic Byway. There are many signs along the hwy and instructions, rules and warnings at each trail head.

You should be ok with your plan... If you want to contact the Saco Ranger Station to be sure, they can verify it: 603-447-5448
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

Which STATE is south of the NH border?

Working...
    X