Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Hampshire Backcountry Overnight Areas Question/Not Long or Difficult Hike In, Pref W/Lean-to(s)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hampshire Backcountry Overnight Areas Question/Not Long or Difficult Hike In, Pref W/Lean-to(s)

So a friend of mine wants to try backpacking...This is not something she has ever done before, so she wants it to be a not lengthy and def not difficult (no real elevation gain) hike into preferably a lean-to as she cannot carry much, so I don't want to add a tent onto her already going to be too heavy for her backpack. I only know of Sawyer Pond as I have done this one before, and it is my backup plan...But being a holiday weekend and with her not being able to leave until Fri., with it being a more popular backcountry site, and with only one lean-to, I fear we may not get it...I do realize with how she cannot do anything difficult, this will make the finding a good site that much more difficult, but that's where we're at...So does anyone know of another area similar to Sawyer Pond's just over a mile in hike, but maybe less popular and possibly even having more than one lean-to as to slightly more assure that we'd get said lean-to? And water to enjoy, maybe even swim in, is a must. Thanks in advance.‎
    Last edited by Pharaohess; 09-03-2015, 12:48 AM. Reason: Added
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x

Which STATE is east of NH?

Working...
X