Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanc Campground Dates

Hello!

I am wondering if anyone knows when the campgrounds along the Kancamagus close for the season? I am specifically looking to camp at Passaconaway sometime in September. Any info you can offer would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Kanc Campground Dates

You should have no problem camping on the Kanc in September. Most campgrounds there close around the middle of October but it does depend on the weather. If there are any big storms that require a lot of cleanup sometimes they will close the campgrounds early for the season. Be sure to check again as the planned date for camping get a little closer.
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Thank you so much!

Comment

I am planning to go to the Jigger Johnson campground at the end of July. From July 24 to 26, I know it is fist come first serve, but I was just wondering what is the likelyhood of getting a campground.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawr_itsVan View Post
          I am planning to go to the Jigger Johnson campground at the end of July. From July 24 to 26, I know it is fist come first serve, but I was just wondering what is the likelyhood of getting a campground.
          Very unlikely unless there is bad weather forecasted. My only advice would be to either come up earlier in the week, like Wednesday, maybe Thursday and stay or drop off and setup your camper or tent and pay for all days you plan on staying. Of coarse assuming you are not too far away. Where are you coming from?
          Matt Goodwin
          Admin
          NHTourGuide.com

Comment

We'll be comming from Lowell, MA, which is like a two hours drive away. Is it the fact that all the campground are already taken or the fact that people will show up on those days and take the spots that hasn't been claimed.

Comment

Most people come for the weekends but there are some that spend the week also. Its mainly the weekend campers that take the remaining spots towards the end of the week.
              Matt Goodwin
              Admin
              NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Is there a campground that you would recommend around that area that might be available for the times that I am going camping? Also at the Covered Bridge campsite there is a campsite that is "walk-up", it is the only one like that and it is also handicapp acessible. On the site it said that non handicapp groups can rent the site if there is no more spots avaliable. Since it is walk up does it mean that the only way to get the spot if we go on the days we want it and claim it for ourselves?

Comment

There are several campgrounds near the Kancamagus but they are almost always full. Its just a matter of calling around trying to find one with availability. Most campgrounds near the Kancamagus accept reservations which makes it nice so you don't have to worry about getting a campsite.

Never heard the term "Walk-up" when talking about a campsite on the Kanc. Any idea where you saw that or what it means? I know Covered Bridge Campground has a hiking trail and there are usually a few sites with avid hikers that rent the site and are packed up and gone before sunrise. Maybe "Walk-up" cam sites are for hikers?

I do know that Covered Bridge Campground is the only campground on the Kancamagus that accepts reservations. There are only a few sites there that can be reserved. I've tried it before but was never successful reserving a campsite there.

I believe the same first-come, first-serve rules apply to Covered Bridge Campground but something could have changed since the last time I was there.
                  Matt Goodwin
                  Admin
                  NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Hi,
                    Im planning on visiting the Kanc Oct 11 through Oct 15
                    Can you tell me if and what campground will be open during that time? I stayed at the Covered Bridge last time but for what i understand they will be closed by the time i get there on Sunday.
                    Thanks for your help
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by walio352 View Post
                      Hi,
                      Im planning on visiting the Kanc Oct 11 through Oct 15
                      Can you tell me if and what campground will be open during that time? I stayed at the Covered Bridge last time but for what i understand they will be closed by the time i get there on Sunday.
                      Thanks for your help
                      John
                      Hi,

Most of the campgrounds are closing after this coming weekend, October 11- 13 in most cases. Hancock Campground will be the only campground open along the Kancamagus Highway for next week.
                      Matt Goodwin
                      Admin
                      NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by NHTourGuide View Post
                          Hi,

Most of the campgrounds are closing after this coming weekend, October 11- 13 in most cases. Hancock Campground will be the only campground open along the Kancamagus Highway for next week.
                          Will Hancock Campground (or any other campgrounds) be open this weekend? (Oct 14-16)

Comment

Hi, Hancock Campground is still still open year-round as of today's date. Sometimes this changes if there are storms that cause tree damage or other issues but as of today Hancock is still a year round campground.
                            Matt Goodwin
                            Admin
                            NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Hello,

I will be climbing Mount Chocorua next Saturday, October 22nd. I was looking to see if any of your campgrounds other than Hancock might still be open for tent camping that evening or if they are all closed for the season.
                              Last edited by Jon M.; 10-16-2016, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x

Which STATE is south of the NH border?

Working...
                              X