Kancamagus Highway Campground Latest Status Update 8/21/14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kancamagus Highway Campground Latest Status Update 8/21/14

We just got back from the Kancamagus. We went up to get an idea on the campground availability. We didn't see any "Full" signs swinging from their hooks at any of the campgrounds... BUT... We went into Jigger Johnson Campground and we only found 6 open camp sites at 9pm tonight. I would doubt many more campers will be going up tonight so if you want to go to Jigger Johnson this weekend you'd better be getting there early tomorrow! If you plan on going there after work tomorrow I doubt that you will find a spot in that campground anyways. I also spoke with Whits End Campground in Ossipee, same there... Only a few camp sites remaining.

I spoke with the Saco Ranger Station and a nice woman there filled me in. Normally the campgrounds have a few open spots here and there and begin to slow down after the 2nd weekend of August, but this year she said all the campgrounds were full every weekend by THURSDAY night!. She then said that last weekend (August 16th and 17th) the campgrounds didn't fill up until FRIDAY night. It appears that this weekend wont be much different than last weekend.

We thought with school starting and the cooler temps people wouldn't be camping... WRONG! Be sure you do your homework before you head out!
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x

Which state is west of NH?

Working...
X