Kancamangus Highway Camping Availability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kancamangus Highway Camping Availability

Hi, We are looking to arrive at the Kanc. Highway on Sunday in the early afternoon. Realizing that they don't take reservations, can anyone give me a sense of the availability of the campgrounds? We prefer Hancock, but any of them would be OK.

Also, we have a pop-up trailer if that matters (i.e. tents only/walk in wouldn't work).

There is a small possibility we will leave on Saturday, arriving same time. If you think that might change the situation that would be helpful to know.

Thanks in advance.
    Rob
    Last edited by rmcderm313; 08-20-2014, 09:18 AM. Reason: mis-spelling

Re: Kancamangus Highway Camping Availability

Originally posted by rmcderm313 View Post
    Hi, We are looking to arrive at the Kanc. Highway on Sunday in the early afternoon. Realizing that they don't take reservations, can anyone give me a sense of the availability of the campgrounds? We prefer Hancock, but any of them would be OK.

Also, we have a pop-up trailer if that matters (i.e. tents only/walk in wouldn't work).

There is a small possibility we will leave on Saturday, arriving same time. If you think that might change the situation that would be helpful to know.

Thanks in advance.
    Rob

Its been fairly busy at the Kancamagus campground this year from what I was told and from our own experiences. A private campground owner told us that it starts to slow down the 3rd weekend of August. So this being the 4th weekend I would assume it won't be too bad. We might make a trip up Friday night ourselves. Still unsure about that at this point.

If you plan on being there Sunday I would assume you will be ok since most people leave Sunday morning, opening up more camping spots. If you arrive up there Saturday its a bigger gamble of getting a spot.

Let us know how you make out! Always great to hear the results
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Re: Kancamangus Highway Camping Availability

We just got back from the Kanc tonight and wanted to give you an update. The campgrounds right now are filling up. Jigger Johnson campground only had 6 spots open. I spoke with the Saco Ranger Station today and they thought the campgrounds would be filled by Friday night. If you go on Sunday afternoon I'm sure some of those spots will be opening up but you might want to be there prior to check-in to wait since next weekend is a holiday there might be some people coming for the week.
      Matt Goodwin
      Admin
      NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

Name a STATE that NH shares a border with.

Working...
      X