Camping on the kancumangus on the 4th of July

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping on the kancumangus on the 4th of July

Hey everyone, I just have a few questions. I am planning on camping at jigger Johnson campground on the 4th of July. I know it is first come first serve. How busy is it during this time usually? Also is there a certain time you can check in or is it whenever? We only live about an hour away and just want to do a little camping without being surrounded by too many out of staters.....any info would be great! thanks!!

Re: Camping on the kancumangus on the 4th of July

Its one of the busiest times to be there but normally you can find a spot. Check in is at 2:00pm - but people will line up before that time and depending on the host and if they are ready or not they MAY let you in early.... Maybe

Here is the sign out front of Jigger Johnson

Since you are only an hour away, what we did once is went up on Wednesday, checked in, dropped off the camper, paid for Wednesday-Sunday and went back home and came back up on Friday night. The good part of that is you know for sure you have a site, you are all set up when you get there too!
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Thanks a lot! I wish I had time to go up and set up, but work is crazy. I am just going to have to have my fingers crossed. I don't mind arriving early and waiting so hopefully it all works out. Thanks again!

Comment

I would be very interested in hearing how it goes. We get a lot of questions about how busy the campgrounds are on the Kancamagus Highway during the summer/fall holidays.

Also, keep in mind the Lower Falls recreation area is closed this summer for construction.
        Matt Goodwin
        Admin
        NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

Which STATE is south of the NH border?

Working...
        X