Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hunting is not a good topic for this forum!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hunting is not a good topic for this forum!

    I like this forum but i do not like hunting or hunters for that matter. They hunt on people's property without asking, drink beer, throw garbage on my land and all this while they kill the animals that we love to watch! This is why we bought the land. Just lots of disrespect to landowners!

    I hope that the owner of this forum removes this hunting section!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I like this forum but i do not like hunting or hunters for that matter. They hunt on people's property without asking, drink beer, throw garbage on my land and all this while they kill the animals that we love to watch! This is why we bought the land. Just lots of disrespect to landowners!

    I hope that the owner of this forum removes this hunting section!
    Oh please! Hunting is part of what we do here in New Hampshire. Its been a tradition centuries. Post your property and call the police if someone trespasses.

    Not every hunter is a law-breaker!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mikey View Post
      Oh please! Hunting is part of what we do here in New Hampshire. Its been a tradition centuries. Post your property and call the police if someone trespasses.

      Not every hunter is a law-breaker!
      Hate to play both sides of this but I can see both points. I am a property owner and have had several run-ins with hunters who believe the rules of property lines do not matter during hunting season or act like they thought it was someone else's property, or one of 50 other excuses. They leave their mess behind and that only makes it worse.

      On the other hand, I am also a hunter and I respect other people's property and have inadventantly found myself on the wrong piece of land. There is no physical boundries that can be seen so I can see how this could happen.

      Not sure what the solution is other than if you're a hunter you should seek permission from the landowner beforehand and make sure you know where the boundries are.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RVGuy View Post
        Hate to play both sides of this but I can see both points. I am a property owner and have had several run-ins with hunters who believe the rules of property lines do not matter during hunting season or act like they thought it was someone else's property, or one of 50 other excuses. They leave their mess behind and that only makes it worse.

        On the other hand, I am also a hunter and I respect other people's property and have inadventantly found myself on the wrong piece of land. There is no physical boundries that can be seen so I can see how this could happen.

        Not sure what the solution is other than if you're a hunter you should seek permission from the landowner beforehand and make sure you know where the boundries are.
        Nope, not me... Nothing ruins a beautiful Fall day like the sound of a shotgun near my house and the thought that little Bambi just got a bullet through her.

        I can't even go for a walk in the woods without the constant worry of a drunk hunter mistaking me for a deer

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Nope, not me... Nothing ruins a beautiful Fall day like the sound of a shotgun near my house and the thought that little Bambi just got a bullet through her.

          I can't even go for a walk in the woods without the constant worry of a drunk hunter mistaking me for a deer
          Honestly, I think most hunters are respectful of the property they tread on. No hunter I know would drink while hunting. It's a long day out there and starts early in the morning and often goes all day into the early evening until sunset. The only hunters I have seen drinking are the ones that use tree stands. The problem with drinking and hunting is that you might have to drag that deer out of the woods and load it on your truck... not a fun thing to do after a few drinks.

          As far as the bambi comment... Call it what you want but hunters dont usually shoot baby deer, not worth wasting a tag over. We all want the big buck. And if it wasn't for hunters thinning the population down, your house and yard would be overrun with them. An encounter with a deer can be great, it can also be dangerous. Having the right population numbers are a matter of keeping the heards healthy and the food sources stable. There are a lot of factors that come in to play, it's not just a bunch of drunks shooting at everything they see, leaving with piles of deer in the back of the truck.

          A hunter will not shoot unless they're sure they can get a hit. The sound of a gun will scare the deer away for miles, so no hunter just goes out there pulling the trigger or they will never get their deer.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Nope, not me... Nothing ruins a beautiful Fall day like the sound of a shotgun near my house and the thought that little Bambi just got a bullet through her.

            I can't even go for a walk in the woods without the constant worry of a drunk hunter mistaking me for a deer
            Get over it! Why do city slickers move to New Hampshire??? Go back to the concrete jungle where yah came from!

            Comment


            • #7
              Ditto!!!

              Ditto!!! Don,t lump responsible hunters as drunks and Bambi killers .Go back to the city and drink tea with your little pinky stuck up in the air.

              Originally posted by NHHarley View Post
              Get over it! Why do city slickers move to New Hampshire??? Go back to the concrete jungle where yah came from!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: hunting is not a good topic for this forum!

                So for the person who started this thread, hunting is a way of life here in NH. And for the one who cant walk in the woods for fear of being shot...here is a tip for you. NO ONE GOES IN THE WOODS DURING HUNTING SEASON! Stay out of the woods and ya wont be shot!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: hunting is not a good topic for this forum!

                  Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  I like this forum but i do not like hunting or hunters for that matter. They hunt on people's property without asking, drink beer, throw garbage on my land and all this while they kill the animals that we love to watch! This is why we bought the land. Just lots of disrespect to landowners!

                  I hope that the owner of this forum removes this hunting section!

                  I wonder if whomever posted this would also agree that perhaps people should be banned from beaches at the lake and ocean for the same reasons. Take a walk on the beach at the ocean or a lake to see the garbage-dirty diapers, cigarette butts, animal feces, drink & food containers to name a few-that are washed up or left behind for someone else to clean up. And did the poster ever consider situations such as many of the lake turtles that we enjoy watching are caught & allowed to die on the bottom of a boat. Or the crabs that are put in a kids sand bucket only to die. While most people are considerate, there are still far too many thoughtless persons out there.

                  Comment

                  Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x

                  What is the name of the COUNTRY that NH shares a border with?

                  Working...
                  X