Hiking Mount Major

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiking Mount Major

If you are looking for a short hike with a gorgeous view, then you should try Mount Major in Alton NH. Mount Major is located in the Lakes Region and is a short, three mile hike.

When you are in the parking lot, there are two trails, one on the right and the other on the left and both trails are unmarked. Or so we thought they were unmarked. Each trail has a small sign that stated the trail. The left is Boulder Loop trail and the right was the one we wanted, Mount Major trail.

The trail starts off with a moderate climb and easy footing. Since I did my research before leaving home, I found out this was an old lumber road. If you have little ones along with you, there are some spots that do not have the best footing so they may stumble here and there. The trail is that way for most of the hike. Once you get up about of a mile, the trail veers to the left and begins to steepen a bit. After a bit, there is a mile that levels off before it begins to steepen a bit.

But once at the top, the views are amazing. The ledge has plenty of room for viewing and you can see miles and miles in all directions. You see it all… Lake Winnipesaukee, mountains and trees. When you head back down, you can take the same trail or you can take the Boulder Loop trail back down. We took the same trail back down. Total time from the summit back down for us was about an hour.

Re: Hiking Mount Major

Nice spot you had discuss in your post. I like this place due to that is suitable for family as well as for group of friends. Adventure tour can also held because there are mountains, forest, and river. Tourist can visit and climbing mountains. Do camping with family members.
    Thomas152

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

Which state is west of NH?

Working...
    X