Horsedrawn Sleigh Rides or Dogsled Rides in NH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horsedrawn Sleigh Rides or Dogsled Rides in NH

Hi everyone! I am looking for a place that offers a horsedrawn sleigh ride or dogsled ride in New Hampshire. I would like it to be in the woods or even in the mountain region of NH.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Re: Horsedrawn Sleigh Rides or Dogsled Rides in NH

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi everyone! I am looking for a place that offers a horsedrawn sleigh ride or dogsled ride in New Hampshire. I would like it to be in the woods or even in the mountain region of NH.

Anyone have any thoughts?
    Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides are hard to find. I believe there is one here in Barnstead on Rt. 28. The next time I head up to Alton I will keep my eye open. I know there used to be a sign up on the side of a shed in a field that offered horse drawn sleigh rides but I havent seen it recently. Maybe because I havent been up Rt. 28 lately (North of Barnstead anyway)

It's a matter of stumbling across one. I would keep your eye open for signs on the side of the road.

Dog sled rides... I know I saw someone recently that was offering rides on a dogsled but for the life of me I cannot remember who it was.

You might want to contact Charmingfare Farm for a horsedrawn sleigh ride (just thought of that one!) Charmingfare Farm often has seasonal specialty things to do and events.

Have fun and if you find anyone else, please do share!
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Comment

I drove past a place in Barnstead that offers Horse Drawn Sleigh rides the other day. They're located on Rt. 28 just South of North Barnstead Rd in Barnstead
      Matt Goodwin
      Admin
      NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Dog Sled Rides: Barking Brook Sled Dog Adventures!
        www.barking-brook.com

Happy Trails and tails!
        -Whatleigh

Comment

www.barking-brook.com

Happy Trails and tails!
          -Whatleigh
          thanks for posting this!! i have been looking for someone up in northern nh that has sled dogs.

Comment

Thanks Whatleigh! Must be very rewarding having the dogs.
            Matt Goodwin
            Admin
            NHTourGuide.com

Comment

www.barking-brook.com

Happy Trails and tails!
              -Whatleigh
              Very cool!!!!!

Comment

I just ran across this post and thought I'd pass on some info to you as well! Muddy Paw Sled Dog Kennel in the White Mountain National Forest, of Jefferson, NH offers dogsled rides daily, year round with our rescue and second chance dogs for the past 8 years. We offer "rolling dogsledding" spring through fall in the White Mountain National Forest, and winter dogsledding, 2-50 miles including overnights throughout the White Moutains region. All proceeds from our tours go to our non profit sled dog rescue, history and education center.

Our professional guides come from all over the country to run tours for all ages and abilites. Adaptive dogsledding, large groups and small children all find a tour that's a good fit. Our educational center allows a hands on approach to dogsledding. Kids and parents meet at our kennel, warm up over the toasty fire, and take off on a ride or "drive your own team" experience directly from the kennel after they learn about sled dog history in NH, how to care for sled dogs, and meet the dogs that we've taken in that are being rehabbed and learning how to pull a sled.

NH Tour Guide - we'd love to invite you up to tour the facility and meet our rescue dogs! We're going to have a massive kickoff to our nonprofit and would like to involve you in the big news

Call me or email with any questions! Karen - Two legged employee of Muddy Paw www.dogslednh.com & www.raftnh.com info@dogslednh.com & 603-545-4533

Comment

Originally posted by MPSDK - Jefferson, NH View Post
                  I just ran across this post and thought I'd pass on some info to you as well! Muddy Paw Sled Dog Kennel in the White Mountain National Forest, of Jefferson, NH offers dogsled rides daily, year round with our rescue and second chance dogs for the past 8 years. We offer "rolling dogsledding" spring through fall in the White Mountain National Forest, and winter dogsledding, 2-50 miles including overnights throughout the White Moutains region. All proceeds from our tours go to our non profit sled dog rescue, history and education center.

Our professional guides come from all over the country to run tours for all ages and abilites. Adaptive dogsledding, large groups and small children all find a tour that's a good fit. Our educational center allows a hands on approach to dogsledding. Kids and parents meet at our kennel, warm up over the toasty fire, and take off on a ride or "drive your own team" experience directly from the kennel after they learn about sled dog history in NH, how to care for sled dogs, and meet the dogs that we've taken in that are being rehabbed and learning how to pull a sled.

NH Tour Guide - we'd love to invite you up to tour the facility and meet our rescue dogs! We're going to have a massive kickoff to our nonprofit and would like to involve you in the big news

Call me or email with any questions! Karen - Two legged employee of Muddy Paw www.dogslednh.com & www.raftnh.com info@dogslednh.com & 603-545-4533
                  Thanks for posting... When is the kickoff? I would love to come up if we're free that day.
                  Matt Goodwin
                  Admin
                  NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Originally posted by NHTourGuide View Post
                    Thanks for posting... When is the kickoff? I would love to come up if we're free that day.
                    That would be great! We are planning a historic summit of Mount Washington Via the Auto Road by dog team. Three mushers and teams along with rescue and second chance huskies will attempt a summit on the dates of March 7-9, 2012. This is a date range based on needing to check weather conditions for dog and participant safety as we get closer... we will then choose the date with the best chance of a safe summit. Two guest seats will be auctioned off to the highest bidder, and sponsors will be sought with the proceeds going to our non profit "NH Sled Dog Rescue, History, and Education Center".

Please do keep in touch as we'll be posting more details of this exciting event as we get closer. This has only been attempted two other times historically, and we are very excited to draw attention to this wonderful cause. Would love to have you involved... as always our tours from our Jefferson, NH kennel go to support our efforts in sled dog rescue and preserviing the unique history and culture of dogsledding in Northern NH.
                    Karen
                    http://www.dogslednh.com
                    http://www.Facebook.com/DogsledNH - we'll be posting updates on this event as it unfolds via our fan page

Comment

Originally posted by DogsledNH - Karen View Post
                      That would be great! We are planning a historic summit of Mount Washington Via the Auto Road by dog team. Three mushers and teams along with rescue and second chance huskies will attempt a summit on the dates of March 7-9, 2012. This is a date range based on needing to check weather conditions for dog and participant safety as we get closer... we will then choose the date with the best chance of a safe summit. Two guest seats will be auctioned off to the highest bidder, and sponsors will be sought with the proceeds going to our non profit "NH Sled Dog Rescue, History, and Education Center".

Please do keep in touch as we'll be posting more details of this exciting event as we get closer. This has only been attempted two other times historically, and we are very excited to draw attention to this wonderful cause. Would love to have you involved... as always our tours from our Jefferson, NH kennel go to support our efforts in sled dog rescue and preserviing the unique history and culture of dogsledding in Northern NH.
                      Karen
                      http://www.dogslednh.com
                      http://www.Facebook.com/DogsledNH - we'll be posting updates on this event as it unfolds via our fan page
                      Perfect! Keep me posted. I look forward to the event... sounds like a great time!
                      Matt Goodwin
                      Admin
                      NHTourGuide.com

Comment

I thought I'd share our press release with you. Hope to have your support and involvement!

SLED DOG TEAM TO ATTEMPT HISTORY MAKING ASCENT OF MT. WASHINGTON AUTO ROAD
                        ON MARCH 7-9 AS FUNDRAISER FOR NH SLED DOG RESCUE AND EDUCATION CENTER

PINKHAM NOTCH, NH—An intrepid team of sled dogs and mushers from the Muddy Paw Sled Dog Kennel of Jefferson, NH will attempt to tackle the Northeast’s highest peak on either March 7, 8 or 9, depending on weather conditions. This will be only the third ever attempt of such a feat and the first ever winter attempt. The Muddy Paw mushers and dogs will be following in the historic “pawprints” of Arthur Walden and his famed Chinook team, who were first to summit in 1926, followed by the first and only woman, Florence Clark, in 1932.

This event has been undertaken in an effort to not just make history, but raise awareness and funds to help support the more than 100 sled dogs that the Muddy Paws kennel has rescued and care for. Muddy Paw owners Karen Tolin and Neil Beaulieu have been taking in rescue and second chance huskies and giving them a home & job for life while supporting their care with year round dogsled tours for over 8 years.

The couple took their passion for rescue and the rich history of dogsledding in NH and formed a board of local mushers to create the nonprofit NH Sled Dog Rescue, History & Education Center. This new nonprofit will focus on rescuing northern breed dogs in need, preserving NH sled dog artifacts, and educating the public on the history of dogsledding & the care of northern breeds.

In addition to the one team making a summit attempt, a truly unprecedented opportunity will be offered on two additional sleds--two guest seats will be auctioned to the highest bidder for this once in a lifetime opportunity to ascend halfway up Mt. Washington and experience the world above treeline on a dog sled. The Ebay based auction link will be available on the Muddy Paw website, www.dogslednh.com starting on 2/16/12. Opportunities for local school children to become involved in following the track of the team to the summit will also be available.

“It will be exciting to see this adventurous episode of Mt. Washington Auto Road history brought to life for the first time in more than 80 years. This is not an endeavor to be taken lightly and those involved will certainly earn their place in the history books!” noted Howie Wemyss, General Manager of the Mt. Washington Auto Road and Great Glen Trails.

Taking into consideration the changeable conditions on Mt. Washington, safety of all two and four legged participants is of paramount concern. Muddy Paw Sled Dog Kennel’s veterinarian, Dr. John Anderson DVM of Lancaster, NH will be supporting the dog teams on the day of the event and staff members of both the Mt. Washington Auto Road and Observatory will be on standby for any emergency circumstances. The Mount Washington State Park staff has also agreed to provide support and emergency response as well as shelter if needed in the Sherman Adams Visitor Center.

For more information, check out http://www.dogslednh.com or email Muddy Paw Sled Dog Kennel at info@dogslednh.com Individuals or companies wishing to sponsor the teams or be involved in the auction for the two available seats should contact Karen Tolin at 603-545-4533.

Comment

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the info on the Mt. Washington dog sled summit attempt. Good luck to everyone headed up the mountain! I wish you and your teams success

Not sure if I will be able to make it since it falls on a weekday. I will do what I can... would love to be there for this event! I will try to clear my schedule for those dates.
                          Matt Goodwin
                          Admin
                          NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x

Which state is west of NH?

Working...
                          X