Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Make An Ice Candle (5 Gallon Bucket Required)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How To Make An Ice Candle (5 Gallon Bucket Required)

    ok, it has been very cold so i thought this might help subside a few people's bordom. Ice candles are very cool (no pun intended).

    How To Make An Ice Candle:
    Grab a 5 gallon pail, fill it 3/4 with water.
    Set outside in freezing temps for 24 hours.
    Once frozen, tip bucket upside down and tap on bucket side lightly. If ice doesnt come out, take bucket indoors for a little while until it starts to melt the ice. Take back outside and tip bucket over again. Ice should come right out.
    Excess water will drain and will leave a hole in the center of the ice block.
    Let ice stay outside for 1-2 hours before lighting.
    Place candle in hole and light.

  • #2
    Re: How To Make An Ice Candle (5 Gallon Bucket Required)

    That's a great idea. I'll definitely have to try it sometime...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How To Make An Ice Candle (5 Gallon Bucket Required)

      Originally posted by NHHarley View Post
      ok, it has been very cold so i thought this might help subside a few people's bordom. Ice candles are very cool (no pun intended).

      How To Make An Ice Candle:
      Grab a 5 gallon pail, fill it 3/4 with water.
      Set outside in freezing temps for 24 hours.
      Once frozen, tip bucket upside down and tap on bucket side lightly. If ice doesnt come out, take bucket indoors for a little while until it starts to melt the ice. Take back outside and tip bucket over again. Ice should come right out.
      Excess water will drain and will leave a hole in the center of the ice block.
      Let ice stay outside for 1-2 hours before lighting.
      Place candle in hole and light.
      I filled the bucket yesterday after you posted this and just went out to get it. I'm not very patient so I put the bucket upside down in the kitchen sink and sprayed the sides of the bucket with warm water and it came sliding out into the sink.

      If it works out, I will post a photo of it later tonight or tomorrow.

      Thanks for the great idea! Looks really cool so far!
      Matt Goodwin
      Admin
      NHTourGuide.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How To Make An Ice Candle (5 Gallon Bucket Required)

        Instead of taking a photo, uploading to my computer and uploading to the site, I decided to put it in front of our live webcam.
        Matt Goodwin
        Admin
        NHTourGuide.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How To Make An Ice Candle (5 Gallon Bucket Required)

          Originally posted by NHTourGuide View Post
          Instead of taking a photo, uploading to my computer and uploading to the site, I decided to put it in front of our live webcam.
          That's cool!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How To Make An Ice Candle (5 Gallon Bucket Required)

            i think u should add a photo so we can all see it during the day.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How To Make An Ice Luminary (5 Gallon Bucket Required)

              Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              i think u should add a photo so we can all see it during the day.
              arent these also known as an ice luminary?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How To Make An Ice Candle (5 Gallon Bucket Required)

                ok, here yah go!

                Yes, ice candles are also known as Ice Luminaries


                100_4706_1.jpg
                Matt Goodwin
                Admin
                NHTourGuide.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How To Make An Ice Candle (5 Gallon Bucket Required)

                  that is beautiful!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How To Make An Ice Candle (5 Gallon Bucket Required)

                    Originally posted by bgoof2 View Post
                    that is beautiful!
                    Thanks!

                    Easy to make too.

                    Great weather for it this week... brrrr
                    Matt Goodwin
                    Admin
                    NHTourGuide.com

                    Comment

                    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x

                    Which state is west of NH?

                    Working...
                    X