Fall Colors in late October

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Colors in late October

I am visiting the Mount Washington area in late October 25-28 this year. I am from the west coast and unfamiliar with New England. Will there still be fall colors to view that late in the month?

I know the websites I've looked at say the best time is earlier, but I have no control over the dates I have the option to come. I have never seen Fall in New England, and am hoping there will still be some color to see!

Re: Fall Colors in late October

Originally posted by ljblair View Post
    I am visiting the Mount Washington area in late October 25-28 this year. I am from the west coast and unfamiliar with New England. Will there still be fall colors to view that late in the month?

I know the websites I've looked at say the best time is earlier, but I have no control over the dates I have the option to come. I have never seen Fall in New England, and am hoping there will still be some color to see!
    Welcome to the NHTG forum!

The fall colors do tend to taper off late October. Weather plays a big part of when the leaves change and foliage passes, so best to check in once in a while. I am in the central area of the state. The southern end of the state loses their color about a week after we do, north is about a week to 10 days before we lose the color here.
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Originally posted by NHTourGuide View Post
      Welcome to the NHTG forum!

The fall colors do tend to taper off late October. Weather plays a big part of when the leaves change and foliage passes, so best to check in once in a while. I am in the central area of the state. The southern end of the state loses their color about a week after we do, north is about a week to 10 days before we lose the color here.
      Thanks for the info. I guess it will be what it is when I get there since my dates are are set, but I'll hope for the best

Comment

Originally posted by ljblair View Post
        Thanks for the info. I guess it will be what it is when I get there since my dates are are set, but I'll hope for the best
        You're welcome... If all else fails you can check out the Southwest corner of NH or even northern MA. Its only a couple hours drive from MT. Washington so it makes a great day trip
        Matt Goodwin
        Admin
        NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Last year we had a snow that week. The roads were clear and it was very pretty in the lakes region. Good luck.

Comment

ljblair, either way you'll see color. It just might not be at it's peak. Still better than anything on the west coast

Comment

Working...
            X