Central NH / Lakes Region Fall Foliage Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central NH / Lakes Region Fall Foliage Update

The fall foliage colors are starting to get brighter here in the lakes region. Here are some photos I took yesterday in Barnstead (Just south of Alton Bay in Lake Winnipesaukee).

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5748.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	5663
    Photo of a bright "pocket" of colors. These brighter pockets are scattered around the region.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5752.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	5664
    A better example of the colors in the area... Not at peak yet!
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Re: Central NH / Lakes Region Fall Foliage Update

Hi Matt!

Thank you for the post. My wife and I will be in the Conway area the week of October 8th for some hiking and bike touring. We're doing a 3 day Bike the Whites tour. We are really excited so I'll be checking back daily to see your reports. Your our eyes on the ground so to speak. Do you think we'll be there for the peak?

Thanks!

Bob
    Last edited by thebobwire; 09-29-2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Re: Central NH / Lakes Region Fall Foliage Update

Originally posted by thebobwire View Post
      Hi Matt!

Thank you for the post. My wife and I will be in the Conway area the week of October 8th for some hiking and bike touring. We're doing a 3 day Bike the Whites tour. We are really excited so I'll be checking back daily to see your reports. Your our eyes on the ground so to speak. Do you think we'll be there for the peak?

Thanks!

Bob
      Hi Bob,

Sounds like fun! The week of the 8th should be a good week to view the fall foliage in NH. The exact areas that will peak that week is a little unknown but you shouldn't be too far away from the areas that are in peak color.

I went out today for a drive and did see some really nice colors starting to appear. Hoping to post some pics tomorrow.
      Matt Goodwin
      Admin
      NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Working...
      X