Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charging my electric car (Chevy Volt) at Covered bridge campground (Kancamagus Car Charging)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging my electric car (Chevy Volt) at Covered bridge campground (Kancamagus Car Charging)

I have a reservation at covered bridge campground in September. I want to bring my Chevy Volt and was wondering if there is any place to charge the car ? I am willing to pay for the electricity and only need a 120 volt outlet. It does not make sense to charge off my on board generator.

Re: Charging my electric car (Chevy Volt) at Covered bridge campground (Kancamagus Car Charging)

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have a reservation at covered bridge campground in September. I want to bring my Chevy Volt and was wondering if there is any place to charge the car ? I am willing to pay for the electricity and only need a 120 volt outlet. It does not make sense to charge off my on board generator.
    How long does it take to charge an electric car?

There are no charging stations in the area that I know of but you may be able to set something up with a local business. There are gas stations on both sides of the Kancamagus, they might be a little more likely to let you recharge you car than other businesses.

Comment

Re: Charging my electric car (Chevy Volt) at Covered bridge campground (Kancamagus Car Charging)

It takes ~ 10 hours to fully recharge. I was hoping that I could recharge somewhere at the campground.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        It takes ~ 10 hours to fully recharge. I was hoping that I could recharge somewhere at the campground.
        Hmm, 10 hours is a long time. I doubt you will find a place to charge your car for that long.

Covered Bridge Campground is at least on the Conway NH side of the Kancamagus Highway.

Does the Chevy Volt have any alternative ways to charge the batteries? I would think that they would use solar panels or have another way to charge the car.

What happens if the batteries die on an electric car? Does it leave you stranded and need to get towed?

I know nothing about electric cars.

Comment

What a great new marketing technique for electric car owners to use. "Charge your car while you sleep at our campground"

Comment

Originally posted by Kensavage View Post
            What a great new marketing technique for electric car owners to use. "Charge your car while you sleep at our campground"
            Charging stations for electric cars are in larger cities like Boston already. They take the place of a normal parking spot so you can charge your car while at work.

It would make sense to have campgrounds that offer electric car charging stations right in the campground. The Kancamagus campgrounds already use quite a bit of solar power now so adding a solar powered charging station would be great marketing for them or any private campground for that matter.
            Matt Goodwin
            Admin
            NHTourGuide.com

Comment

Originally posted by RVGuy View Post
              Hmm, 10 hours is a long time. I doubt you will find a place to charge your car for that long.

Covered Bridge Campground is at least on the Conway NH side of the Kancamagus Highway.

Does the Chevy Volt have any alternative ways to charge the batteries? I would think that they would use solar panels or have another way to charge the car.

What happens if the batteries die on an electric car? Does it leave you stranded and need to get towed?

I know nothing about electric cars.
              Electric cars are becoming popular now a days..More efficient and affordable solar panels have made it possible to use electric cars in our daily life.. I hope these cars will be available very soon

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x

Name a STATE that NH shares a border with.

Working...
              X