Untitled 1
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: The Flume

  1. #1
    Junior Moose CFP_1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    41-44'03'' N 071-32'53'' W
    Posts
    33

    The Flume

    Any word on when it will be open?
    The last time i was up i was sure i saw a no dogs allowed sign at the visitor center.
    Do they allow dogs at the Flume?

  2. #2
    Administrator NHTourGuide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Center Barnstead NH USA
    Posts
    1,027

    Re: The Flume

    Quote Originally Posted by CFP_1970 View Post
    Any word on when it will be open?
    The last time i was up i was sure i saw a no dogs allowed sign at the visitor center.
    Do they allow dogs at the Flume?
    The Flume is open early May - Late October normally (depending on weather and trail conditions. A few years ago it was closed for a few extra weeks because of spring flooding. It took a while to fix all the wooden paths.

    No dogs allowed at the Flume. I guess its because its so busy there, loaded with tourists every time we go.
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

  3. #3
    Junior Moose CFP_1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    41-44'03'' N 071-32'53'' W
    Posts
    33

    Re: The Flume

    Thanks, me and the wife will be headed up soon, guess the dog will have to sit this one out.

  4. #4
    Administrator NHTourGuide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Center Barnstead NH USA
    Posts
    1,027

    Re: The Flume

    Quote Originally Posted by CFP_1970 View Post
    Thanks, me and the wife will be headed up soon, guess the dog will have to sit this one out.
    Poor dog... I know my dog gives me the funny look every time I leave him home too. Its just too muddy to put him in my truck
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

  5. #5
    Junior Moose CFP_1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    41-44'03'' N 071-32'53'' W
    Posts
    33

    Re: The Flume

    Quote Originally Posted by NHTourGuide View Post
    Poor dog... I know my dog gives me the funny look every time I leave him home too. Its just too muddy to put him in my truck
    i know the feeling, my dog no matter what season never fails to go for a swim or find a swamp to run through or the best is when she finds a carcass to rub in.
    makes for a mess in my Jeep and a stinkin ride home.

  6. #6
    Administrator NHTourGuide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Center Barnstead NH USA
    Posts
    1,027

    Re: The Flume

    Quote Originally Posted by CFP_1970 View Post
    i know the feeling, my dog no matter what season never fails to go for a swim or find a swamp to run through or the best is when she finds a carcass to rub in.
    makes for a mess in my Jeep and a stinkin ride home.
    lol, I bet it is a bit of a stinky ride home after that.... Yuk! Dogs are funny. Our dog is great on trails as long as we don't see anyone or even worse another dog. He is the dog that thinks he is protecting the world from everyone... He does this thing where he looks really cute and then when someone gets close he barks abruptly and makes people think he was about to bite them. That usually results in a snearing look at the dog owner... I try to warn people but he has them convinced he is just a cute cuddly dog.
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •