Untitled 1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NH Fish & Game After Sleds With Loud Exhaust This Year!

Unregistered

NH Fish & Game After Sleds With Loud Exhaust This Year!

A NH Fish and Game officer told me the other day that NH Fish and Game is targeting ATV's and snowmobiles with loud exhausts this year. They say it is making is harder to keep trails open because land owners are complaining. I say its about time! I am so sick of these throttle junkies ruining the sport of snowmobiling for everyone. Nothing ruins the nice peaceful quiet of the woods in the Winter like a snowmobile that sounds like a Harley Davidson!

Are snowmobile cans illegal? YES

So take those silly, expensive cans off your sleds! Time to grow up folks!

Hopefully they target the loud motorcycles next... just as bad if not worse!

Unregistered

Re: NH Fish & Game After Sleds With Loud Exhaust This Year!

Loud pipes save lives especially on a motorcycle if its too loud your too old.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Loud pipes save lives especially on a motorcycle if its too loud your too old.
    Ya, im older than 13 years old and don't need to have a loud exhaust to feel like a real man lol

Unregistered

I believe bikes are ok. I can see getting mad at snowmobiles with rumble packs, but bikes need to be heard if they are not seen. This is coming from someone who rides both. Quiet aftermarket on my sled and loud pipes on the bike.q

I don't like loud exhaust on motorcycles or snowmobiles! Sitting in traffic hearing a motorcycle rider revving their engine drives me nuts. You can't even carry a conversation if your stuck next to it. No reason for that. You can say it is safer for the driver but I would disagree in the fact that there are noises the motorcycle rider should hear, like a car horn, emergency sirens, etc. Can't hear that over the loud exhaust!

On snowmobiles its just stupid. You're are almost always driving on privately owned property and it just makes the land owners mad.
    Lisa
    Life IS a bowl of cherries, I don't care what your mother said!

This post should have been labeled "minefield" - lol. It has taken me about 40 years to get rid of some old habbits and beliefs.

I think there have been enough studies done by now to turn even the most hard headed. Loud pipes do not save lives. Loud pipes can actually be attributed to taking lives. When the noise created drowns out any other signal or environmental condition, it becomes a hazzard to everyone including the rider. My wife and I ride bikes, quads, sleds etc. and have for years - Good riding and bright clothing save lives.

For a little of the science, over 85% of all accident related isues involving another vehicle will come from in front of you. The person coming at you will not hear you until they are well past you - all your "loud pipe" sound is behind you. Side lane changes, or parallel ramps can benefit from a loud pipe, however smart riding and judicial use of the horn is even better, the horn will cause the other driver to pin-point you. This is science not emotion. It is even more so on sleds due to the small trail sizes and trees that deaden the sound even more.

Now I have also owned a few items that were built up for pure performance and pipes that can really breath (ie Loud) are always part of the process. For maximum performance exhause mods are almost always required. The issue here is it is not needed on the streets or in the woods, it is needed on the track.

Growing up I always liked to say it is my right - now years later I realize my "rights" only extend to the boundry of your "rights" and vice-versa. Not that being loud and annoying to someone else has ever been a right.

I think what is MOST important in regards to snowmobiling and ATV riding in our state is that over 90% of ALL trails are on private property. We have lost large chunks of trails (or access to them) in the past and I'm sure it will continue. Noise is just one of the many reasons that they get closed, and it is one of the things that we as riders for the most part can control.
    www.CardinalCabins.com - Pittsburg NH Lodging - Cabin Rentals - Pittsburg NH Webcams

Quote Originally Posted by CardinalCabins View Post
    This post should have been labeled "minefield" - lol. It has taken me about 40 years to get rid of some old habbits and beliefs.

I think there have been enough studies done by now to turn even the most hard headed. Loud pipes do not save lives. Loud pipes can actually be attributed to taking lives. When the noise created drowns out any other signal or environmental condition, it becomes a hazzard to everyone including the rider. My wife and I ride bikes, quads, sleds etc. and have for years - Good riding and bright clothing save lives.

For a little of the science, over 85% of all accident related isues involving another vehicle will come from in front of you. The person coming at you will not hear you until they are well past you - all your "loud pipe" sound is behind you. Side lane changes, or parallel ramps can benefit from a loud pipe, however smart riding and judicial use of the horn is even better, the horn will cause the other driver to pin-point you. This is science not emotion. It is even more so on sleds due to the small trail sizes and trees that deaden the sound even more.

Now I have also owned a few items that were built up for pure performance and pipes that can really breath (ie Loud) are always part of the process. For maximum performance exhause mods are almost always required. The issue here is it is not needed on the streets or in the woods, it is needed on the track.

Growing up I always liked to say it is my right - now years later I realize my "rights" only extend to the boundry of your "rights" and vice-versa. Not that being loud and annoying to someone else has ever been a right.

I think what is MOST important in regards to snowmobiling and ATV riding in our state is that over 90% of ALL trails are on private property. We have lost large chunks of trails (or access to them) in the past and I'm sure it will continue. Noise is just one of the many reasons that they get closed, and it is one of the things that we as riders for the most part can control.
    Well said! Time to can the cans peeps!
    Lisa
    Life IS a bowl of cherries, I don't care what your mother said!

Unregistered

never takin my can off my sled.... brrrrraaaaaaaaappp!!

dont care bout no fish cops either - catch me if ya can

hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    never takin my can off my sled.... brrrrraaaaaaaaappp!!

dont care bout no fish cops either - catch me if ya can

hahaha
    If everyone had that attitude all the trails would be closed and you could enjoy your braaaaaap in your baaaaaaak yard.
    www.CardinalCabins.com - Pittsburg NH Lodging - Cabin Rentals - Pittsburg NH Webcams

Unregistered

Everyone needs to relax a lot who cares about loud exhaust or if you wanna ride stock to each is own. I Personally have a can on my sled and I bark it when I should I try to be respectful as possible so what if people like loud things RELAX PEOPLE the world would be a better place