Untitled 1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man Falls From Silver Cascade Waterfall Rescued by Girlfriend: Aug 18, 2009

Re: Man Falls From Silver Cascade Waterfall Rescued by Girlfriend: Aug 18, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by 452films View Post
    Thats why I just buy sleds from there. I usually just stick to riding in Maine ( registration $33 ) but will be dishing out the extra $100 to ride in NH this year.
    New Hampshire charges $100 for out of state snowmobile registration? I think we pay around $50-$60 per sled.... Im not totally sure.
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

452 Films: Let me ask you... Would you be interested in doing some video footage of Silver Cascade? Not sure if needed just yet, I will find out soon. If so, I will need it done really fast (like next week). It's for a TV show that I am contracted not to mention.
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Would there be anything in it for me, maybe something to cover fuel expenses? If so, I'll definitely do that. Just short on money right now. Will even gather some from Flume Cascade at the top ( which the hike is a lot more extreme than silver cascade now that I've done it ). We went up Flume Cascade and back down Silver Cascade. We hiked about .5-.6 miles from a trail that went to the springs that fed silver cascade ( we climbed all the way up Flume Cascade till it met that trail. We came across some people that had been hanging out in the shallow pools and thats how we even noticed the trail )

Edit:
    Going from Flume Cascade to Silver Cascade. Follow the trail the splits off, go right. This will bring you down to a fall as well as a pool which is deep enough for swimming. Hike down from there is what we did ( brings you right back out on 302 ). You have to go into the woods for the sections you cant climb down. The sections in the woods here are EXTREMELY dangerous and a close eye on every move you make is needed. Some of the ground here is made up of trees that are hundreds of years old, and the roots sit a couple feet of the ground and are covered in moss end to end ( the ground is all moss and root sitting in the air ). You must stay light footed, agile, and able to find the roots as fast as your going to support yourself. Getting towards the top use extreme caution as one slip through the trail off to the left ( looks like a beaten foot path ) will send you falling well over 100 feet into rock/water ( Death is pretty much a guarantee if you slip to the right ). So stay slow, and dont take chances. Coming down keep it slow as well, because even areas that look like hard ground, are an area where you'll slip and take off down the hill, and if you dont catch yourself on the first few trees you pass, it could end up really bad. The whole face from there on can be climbed down. You must walk to the edges of everything, and walk end to end picking new places. Dont try the first spot you find. And I'm 100% serious when I say you dont need to go into the woods once from there ( still a good 600 feet higher than the road )
    Last edited by 452films; 07-13-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Thanks for the info! I hiked up some of Silver Cascade before, but I stopped and turned around when it started getting a bit out of my comfort zone. When I turned around to get back down I realized it it much easier going up than back down!

Anyway, there may be some money in this. Not much but it will cover your gas and maybe a few extra bucks too. You would think a big time producer would mean big time money... If I get the green light, by the time we were done we should have gas money, a few extra bucks and bragging rights I guess.

I am waiting to hear back from the producer to see what types of shots they want.

Here are some camera specs they need:

CREW REMINDERS

• Shoot in 60i x 720p
    • Shoot drop frame
    • Shoot 16:9 Aspect Ratio
    Keel all media until we confirm that it’s been transferred to the system.
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

My video is:
    480x720
    29 frames per second
    16:9 Aspect Ratio

Not sure if that meets your specs or not? I can send you some raw video later from Big Eddy on the Kangamangus. And on another note, dont jump at rocky gorge. The cops WILL show up. He said anywhere but there.

My video is:
    480x720
    29 frames per second
    16:9 Aspect Ratio

Not sure if that meets your specs or not? I can send you some raw video later from Big Eddy on the Kangamangus. And on another note, dont jump at rocky gorge. The cops WILL show up. He said anywhere but there.
    I don't know much about the filming specs they gave me. What kind of a camera do you have?

I googled "What is Drop Frame" and this is what I got for a definition:

Drop Frame:
    American system of time code generation that adjusts the generated data every minute to compensate for the spread of the NTSC television system running at 29.97 frames per second.

Yeah, I heard about swimming at Rocky Gorge... looks dangerous anyway
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Ah, yes. I can record with my camera in "drop frame". I have an NTSC setting on it, with a 16:9 aspect ratio. I use a JVC Everio, but I forget what model.

Ah, yes. I can record with my camera in "drop frame". I have an NTSC setting on it, with a 16:9 aspect ratio. I use a JVC Everio, but I forget what model.
    Nice! I'm just waiting for the green light (again) from the producer. Last I was told is that they are going to try to shoot in LA to see how it goes so to be on "stand by."

We'll see...
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com