Untitled 1
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: NH Hikes for Fat People

  1. #1
    Unregistered
    Guest

    NH Hikes for Fat People

    Sorry for the rude title but its just me being honest. Im not the typical hiker, weighing in at nearly 400 pounds, im a big guy and get winded easily but I love hiking in New Hampshire. I just don't have the body to support the passion.

    With that said, I would love to get a list of hikes in New Hampshire that aren't going to stop the ol ticker on the trail. Some easy hikes with nice views would be great.

  2. #2

    Re: NH Hikes for Fat People

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry for the rude title but its just me being honest. Im not the typical hiker, weighing in at nearly 400 pounds, im a big guy and get winded easily but I love hiking in New Hampshire. I just don't have the body to support the passion.

    With that said, I would love to get a list of hikes in New Hampshire that aren't going to stop the ol ticker on the trail. Some easy hikes with nice views would be great.
    Funny post!!! LOL

    Mount Major in Alton isn't too bad. If I can do it, I assume it's not too bad anyway. Just be sure not to take the shorter trail as it is steeper and the last climb to the summit is a steep rock ledge.

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Snowshoe1969
    Guest

    Red face Re: NH Hikes for Fat People

    There are a few on the Kancamangus Highway - just outside of Conway .... Boulder Loop Trail .....which isnt too bad at all ... and the views are incredible - worth the three mile hike -- just a little steep in a few places -- Lovequist loop trail is also very nice -- flat trail around the pond ...easy walking ... The Nanamocomuck Cross Country Skiing Trail
    -- flat - but beautiful trail that follows the river thru the mountains -- its just over the covered bridge - about 6 miles down the kanc.
    White Ledge loop on Rte 16 -- just under 2 miles and also very nice ...best of luck and enjoy !

  4. #4
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Re: NH Hikes for Fat People

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoe1969 View Post
    There are a few on the Kancamangus Highway - just outside of Conway .... Boulder Loop Trail .....which isnt too bad at all ... and the views are incredible - worth the three mile hike -- just a little steep in a few places -- Lovequist loop trail is also very nice -- flat trail around the pond ...easy walking ... The Nanamocomuck Cross Country Skiing Trail
    -- flat - but beautiful trail that follows the river thru the mountains -- its just over the covered bridge - about 6 miles down the kanc.
    White Ledge loop on Rte 16 -- just under 2 miles and also very nice ...best of luck and enjoy !
    Thanks for the info! I might just have to get my butt out there and work off some of those McDonalds fries!

  5. #5
    Junior Moose CFP_1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    41-44'03'' N 071-32'53'' W
    Posts
    33

    Re: NH Hikes for Fat People

    you can pick up a great topo map of every hiking trail in the Whites at just about any store in NH, it is called Exploring New Hampshire's White Mountains.
    i paid 8 bucks for mine, it is an invaluable tool for hiking.
    it shows the AT, 4000'ers, camping, shelters, AMC Huts, complete trail mileages, 50 waterfalls, 77+ day hikes, 100 points of interest, 100' contours and GPS grids.

    http://www.mountainwanderer.com/prod...php?prod=NHH13
    Last edited by CFP_1970; 03-13-2012 at 11:31 AM.

  6. #6

    Re: NH Hikes for Fat People

    Quote Originally Posted by CFP_1970 View Post
    you can pick up a great topo map of every hiking trail in the Whites at just about any store in NH, it is called Exploring New Hampshire's White Mountains.
    i paid 8 bucks for mine, it is an invaluable tool for hiking.
    it shows the AT, 4000'ers, camping, shelters, AMC Huts, complete trail mileages, 50 waterfalls, 77+ day hikes, 100 points of interest, 100' contours and GPS grids.

    http://www.mountainwanderer.com/prod...php?prod=NHH13
    Does that guide show difficulty ratings for the hiking trails?

  7. #7
    Junior Moose CFP_1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    41-44'03'' N 071-32'53'' W
    Posts
    33

    Re: NH Hikes for Fat People

    yes the trails are marked on the map the same as they are at the trail head.
    two green hikers for easy
    two blue hikers for moderately difficult
    two black hikers for strenuous

  8. #8

    Re: NH Hikes for Fat People

    Quote Originally Posted by CFP_1970 View Post
    yes the trails are marked on the map the same as they are at the trail head.
    two green hikers for easy
    two blue hikers for moderately difficult
    two black hikers for strenuous
    Oh ok I never noticed that on the trail heads. Learned something new today.

    Thanks!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •