Untitled 1

Thread: Maple Syrup That Tastes Like Chocolate

Unregistered

Question Maple Syrup That Tastes Like Chocolate

I have been doing a little backyard maple sugaring here in New Hampshire for the past 4 years and am finding that the finished syrup always tastes like chocolate syrup! No one is complaining, but I would prefer it tasted like maple, not like chocolate!

Anyone have any ideas on why my maple syrup has a chocolate taste and smell?

Thanks!
    Bill

Unregistered

Re: Maple Syrup That Tastes Like Chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have been doing a little backyard maple sugaring here in New Hampshire for the past 4 years and am finding that the finished syrup always tastes like chocolate syrup! No one is complaining, but I would prefer it tasted like maple, not like chocolate!

Thanks!
    Bill
    that's a strange problem! you might want to try different trees. sounds like you might be tapping a strange set of trees.

on the other hand, chocolate flavored maple syrup sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thanks!
    Bill
    Check to make sure the Maple trees are healthy. I had this before from a tree that was dead in the center.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by RVGuy View Post
    Check to make sure the Maple trees are healthy. I had this before from a tree that was dead in the center.
    The Maple trees do have a hollow center when I drilled into them. I thought it would still be ok though. Could that really do it?