Untitled 1

Thread: Can Maple Sap Lines Get Vapor Locked?

Unregistered

Can Maple Sap Lines Get Vapor Locked?

Just ran my first long run of clear tubing with 150 taps down a hill, but the sap doesnt appear to be moving and looks like it got vapor locked. Is this possible? I do not have a vent anywhere on the line, does it need one?

Thanks!!

Unregistered

Re: Can Maple Sap Lines Get Vapor Locked?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just ran my first long run of clear tubing with 150 taps down a hill, but the sap doesnt appear to be moving and looks like it got vapor locked. Is this possible? I do not have a vent anywhere on the line, does it need one?

Thanks!!
    Sap lines normally don't get vapor locked. They can freeze though. If yoiu have over 5-10 taps in a run you should consider stepping up the size from 5/16" and have that drop into a larger line.

Normally the maple trees push hard an dcan push the sap through the lines. If it can push sap through wood, it should be able to push it through your lines.

Unregistered

Re: Can Maple Sap Lines Get Vapor Locked?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sap lines normally don't get vapor locked. They can freeze though. If yoiu have over 5-10 taps in a run you should consider stepping up the size from 5/16" and have that drop into a larger line.

Normally the maple trees push hard an dcan push the sap through the lines. If it can push sap through wood, it should be able to push it through your lines.
    That answers my question! I was having the same problem