Untitled 1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is it legal to pass another sled on a snowmobile trail?

Re: is it legal to pass another sled on a snowmobile trail?

When people pass another snowmobile on a trail they should be much more considerate than what ive seen. We have been passed at dangerously high speeds in the past. Scary when you have your 14 year old learning how to ride and a group of sleds driving 60-70+ go screaming past.

Most likely young kids - - no mature person would act like that!

it is not elegal to pass! although you may not like being passed it can b frustating being behind someone that is doing 25 mph and they dont pull over. i agree that the passer should make the sled in front know that they are there becouse it can be very dangerouse. the riders that are driving slow should also show some respect and let the faster riders pass by pulling over

Quote Originally Posted by wish i was riding View Post
    it is not elegal to pass! although you may not like being passed it can b frustating being behind someone that is doing 25 mph and they dont pull over. i agree that the passer should make the sled in front know that they are there becouse it can be very dangerouse. the riders that are driving slow should also show some respect and let the faster riders pass by pulling over
    You're right about that! I don't see where that was mentioned in this thread but if a sled behind you makes every attempt to let you know they want to pass and you don't budge then you should expect to get passed. I always pull over, not always the very second a sled comes up behind me but as soon as I find a safe place to pull over.

Been passed many times at suicidal speeds myself. One time some bonehead came around a blind corner doing about 80 and we were doing 30-35, he veered around us and rolled his sled then blamed us because we were going so slow! Of coarse the fact he was going 30mph over the speed limit had nothing to do with it.

Its ok to pass but geesh slow down! There are kids out there on these trails! You wouldn't want someone getting killed because of your inability to drive a sled correctly on trails!