Untitled 1

Thread: Planning a FIRST ever trip to NH

Planning a FIRST ever trip to NH

Planning my First ever trip for Fall Foliage. Need suggestions for best place to stay, needs to be at least 3 star, or a real bargain. I like places that give a real sense to your surroundings. Love the woodsy smell Also very interested in eating at the BEST good food restaurants, cafes doesn't matter as long as food is good. Any suggestions??? Only have 2 days Appreciate the help

Re: Planning a FIRST ever trip to NH

Welcome to the forum and to New Hampshire! Where are you from?

The first place that came to mind was Radeke Cabin on the Kancamagus Highway. Very Woodsy there and spectacular fall foliage but it's reserved through the foliage season already.

The Kancamagus Highway is a very popular place for leaf peepers! The entire White Mountain National Forest is also a hot spot for great foliage so I would recommend finding a hotel or cabin rental in the White Mountain National Forest region. The area offers just about everything you can imagine. From fancy resorts, inexpensive hotels to campgrounds. The problem you may encounter is many places have already been rented for the fall foliage season. The good news is that all parts of New Hampshire can easily be gotten to in a day trip. Many hotels in NH offer fall foliage packages. While you may not get that woodsy smell or feel in a hotel, this late in the season it may be your only option.

Any idea what part of NH you were planning to stay at?
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Thanks I will get busy today and figure out where we will try and stay.

What dates are you arriving? I can give you a rough idea on where the peak foliage might be at that time.
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com