Untitled 1

Thread: please help identify a NH waterfall

please help identify a NH waterfall

we are trying to identify which NH waterfall this might be -- and since we are in Ohio, forums like this seemed like a place to start -- we believe it is in NH for the following reason:

This is a watercolor done by my grandfather in the 1930's or early 1940's. He loved NH and spent his college summers working at Profile Lake (before WWI) ... continued to return for part of most summers as his children were growing up, so we are pretty certain the location would be in NH. We would love to discover which waterfall this is in hopes of some day visiting it in person.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1NHfalls-bridge1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	107

Re: please help identify a NH waterfall

Quote Originally Posted by bluemjp View Post
    we are trying to identify which NH waterfall this might be -- and since we are in Ohio, forums like this seemed like a place to start -- we believe it is in NH for the following reason:

This is a watercolor done by my grandfather in the 1930's or early 1940's. He loved NH and spent his college summers working at Profile Lake (before WWI) ... continued to return for part of most summers as his children were growing up, so we are pretty certain the location would be in NH. We would love to discover which waterfall this is in hopes of some day visiting it in person.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1NHfalls-bridge1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	107
    Interesting! Nice painting too!

It almost looks like it could be Profile Falls: http://www.nhtourguide.com/waterfalls/profile_falls.htm

Maybe the water running at a different rate than in the photos we took. I am not sure if there was ever a bridge over it but I do see a resemblance in the water color painting.
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com

Thanks for your reply. Discovered, via a post on another site that it is of Jackson Falls. The photos of that I located online confirmed that.

Glad you found it! I thought it looked familiar I just couldn't remember which one. We took photos of Jackson Falls a few years ago: http://www.nhtourguide.com/waterfalls/jackson_falls.htm - We went to a lot of NH waterfalls that year.

It is right in town, you can park right at the falls. A few of the historical items are also on-site with descriptions.
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com