Untitled 1

Thread: Mt. Washington falll foliage

Mt. Washington falll foliage

I'm confused. I just spoke with a woman from Portland ME with whom I will be doing a home exchange in Sept. She suggested that the Mt. Washington area should have decent fall colors by the 3rd week of Sept. for a great day trip from ME.
    But, after researching online, including this forum, it appears that the colors don't appear till the very end of Sept or first week of Oct.
    If there isn't typically color by the middle of the 3rd week of Sept. I'd rather visit ME the first 2 weeks in Sept. A day trip or two from Portland ME to MT. Washington NH would be strictly to see colors.
    Thanks for helping

Re: Mt. Washington falll foliage

Quote Originally Posted by bonbon5 View Post
    I'm confused. I just spoke with a woman from Portland ME with whom I will be doing a home exchange in Sept. She suggested that the Mt. Washington area should have decent fall colors by the 3rd week of Sept. for a great day trip from ME.
    But, after researching online, including this forum, it appears that the colors don't appear till the very end of Sept or first week of Oct.
    If there isn't typically color by the middle of the 3rd week of Sept. I'd rather visit ME the first 2 weeks in Sept. A day trip or two from Portland ME to MT. Washington NH would be strictly to see colors.
    Thanks for helping
    Welcome to the NHTG forum!

Typically there are colors in the 3rd week of September but foliage normally peaks just after that, the 4th week into the 1st week of October in that region. Its not an exact science but that is from the past fall foliage seasons.
    Matt Goodwin
    Admin
    NHTourGuide.com